Harkins to return?

where does winchester fit in?.... this is his season for me, get him in midfield watch him come on leaps and bounds *puts tin hat on*

harkins and mills on the left would be something special if worked on, but we'd struggle massively in terms of defensive duties because lets face it, mills isn't exactly a defender, grounds was - mills isn't

Right or left wing, cover for either full back

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if centre mid is where id want winchester but i do want him in there somewhere, think he's too high risk to play in CM and like chaddy smoker said we'd have to play smith in a deeper role which isn't beneficial!

would like to see winchester given a run of atleast 10 games out on the right midfield (i think) dave Mellor got 10 games at CB last season and proved he wasn't one, give winch a chance!

not sure if centre mid is where id want winchester but i do want him in there somewhere, think he's too high risk to play in CM and like chaddy smoker said we'd have to play smith in a deeper role which isn't beneficial!

would like to see winchester given a run of atleast 10 games out on the right midfield (i think) dave Mellor got 10 games at CB last season and proved he wasn't one, give winch a chance!

So with or without Harkins? Winchester would have to play wide right I agree!

If it includes Sir Gary that is now 8 out the 10 positions filled b4 we even look at strikers etc

Edited by ChaddySmoker

So with or without Harkins? Winchester would have to play wide right I agree!

If it includes Sir Gary that is now 8 out the 10 positions filled b4 we even look at strikers etc

I think Winchester will be just a back up, technically a good player, but in this division he's found it difficult physically.

Harkins would be a good signing, so long as we signed someone else with creativity. Disappeared too often when double marked, and we had no one else to provide that spark. Dayton for me has been too easily forgotten. Started the season excellently, got injured, never really regained match fitness yet still scored a great goal at Carlisle with a moment of magic, same as the 15 minutes of brilliance he produced at Bristol City. I would say him and Harkins are similar in that they may have to keep trying the clever stuff and ultimately losing the ball, but the moment they get it right, we score.

Centre midfield of Korey Smith and Dave Mellor helped save us from relegation the year before. I still think that had Mellor not been sent off at Rotherham, he would have ended up being ahead of Wes most of the season in CM.

Harkins would be a good signing, so long as we signed someone else with creativity. Disappeared too often when double marked, and we had no one else to provide that spark. Dayton for me has been too easily forgotten. Started the season excellently, got injured, never really regained match fitness yet still scored a great goal at Carlisle with a moment of magic, same as the 15 minutes of brilliance he produced at Bristol City. I would say him and Harkins are similar in that they may have to keep trying the clever stuff and ultimately losing the ball, but the moment they get it right, we score.

Centre midfield of Korey Smith and Dave Mellor helped save us from relegation the year before. I still think that had Mellor not been sent off at Rotherham, he would have ended up being ahead of Wes most of the season in CM.

Can't agree with your Mellor view, and the most Dayton missed was a chunk of December, played plenty of games after that so can't have your lack of match fitness view either.

He has got talent, always looks better in central areas though, would be a bold call playing him there in a 2, even with King Korey.

How about Kusunga in a Wes type role in midfield sure he played there earlier on in the season and had a decent game, then allows Korey to push up a bit further I would love Harkins back here, he dident do to bad on the left wing last season games against Peterborough, Preston and Crewe away stand out

Can't agree with your Mellor view, and the most Dayton missed was a chunk of December, played plenty of games after that so can't have your lack of match fitness view either.

He has got talent, always looks better in central areas though, would be a bold call playing him there in a 2, even with King Korey.

Im not saying he is the solution, but he looked like the player we expected when Korey first came on loan, them two bossed the midfield together. Sadly then he was dropped back to CB to plug a hole and ultimately paid for it with some poor performances. When given his first chance to get back into CM he ridiculously lashed out and cost him his spot altogether. By the way Dayton probably had 3 goals in the running for goal of the season, hes definitely got it, he (like Winchester & Harkins to a lesser extent) needs to produce it a bit more.

How about Kusunga in a Wes type role in midfield sure he played there earlier on in the season and had a decent game, then allows Korey to push up a bit further I would love Harkins back here, he dident do to bad on the left wing last season games against Peterborough, Preston and Crewe away stand out

Not Kusunga but I would like a physical ball winner in the middle of the park who would like you say free up Smith to push further up as you say add Harkins from the left or second striker another player wide right who can create chances and chip in with a few himself and then thats pretty much what our first choice midfield for next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Weren't we 3-0 down at half time with Harkins and Wesolowski as a midfield pairing?

yes harkins in midfield is one those, in theroy should be great and people keep suggesting it but, it was tried and was :censored:, it didnt work and we were :censored:eas a team