Harkins to return?

his second half performance against peterborough was probably one of the best ive ever seen in a latics shirt... but for all his positives, he had plenty of negatives - carlisle away was absolutely dyer and probably only touched the ball once, also didn't look interested!

Perhaps the nearer he got to the Scottish border, the more he was distracted.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:censored:ing Harkins, coming to our club, playing really well sometimes but then being as mediocre as most of his team mates the rest of the time...

Good riddance.

I think that's a bit over the top - he wasn't that bad. He was a Scot, in the doldrums while playing for a Scottish club. Virtually all his senior career has been spent in Scotland. He came south, on loan, to revitalize his career with a manager he knew. He did very well and was respected for playing a major roll in our post-Christmas revival. Now he has signed for Dundee, in his beloved Scotland and where his family are. He is just another human being looking for the main chance and he's took it. Good luck to him. The fact is he didn't want play for Oldham Athletic and for the most part it wouldn't have been our fault. Coming south with his family was a step too far.

Well, ye! I haven't got the 'Man of The Match' figures to hand but I'm pretty sure it wasn't him most of the time.

Academic now that he's signed for someone else but he was 2nd top league goalscorer and had more assists than anyone else despite only joining us in January. Sporadic or not he made an impact for us that no-one else was matching.

I think that's a bit over the top - he wasn't that bad. He was a Scot, in the doldrums while playing for a Scottish club. Virtually all his senior career has been spent in Scotland. He came south, on loan, to revitalize his career with a manager he knew. He did very well and was respected for playing a major roll in our post-Christmas revival. Now he has signed for Dundee, in his beloved Scotland and where his family are. He is just another human being looking for the main chance and he's took it. Good luck to him. The fact is he didn't want play for Oldham Athletic and for the most part it wouldn't have been our fault. Coming south with his family was a step too far.

I think Harry had his tongue in his cheek......

Academic now that he's signed for someone else but he was 2nd top league goalscorer and had more assists than anyone else despite only joining us in January. Sporadic or not he made an impact for us that no-one else was matching.

This

Replicate that over the full season and chances are he'd have pissed the POTY awards & won them all.

Classy player who it was, at times, a joy to watch.

An older, bigger, balder Baxter basically.

And just like Baxter, whilst it was a a joy to watch him when he was on song, we moved on.

And so we will with Sir Gary too.

Good luck for the new season at Dundee, thanks for the goals & assists, and for the epic 45mins vs Peterborough (& we'll forget about the 1st 45mins in the same game eh??!!!)

Edited by slystallone

Gary Harkin was 'one' of several players who came into the team post Christmas and did very well for the club. He only made an impact at one end of the ground and on only one side. They all contributed efficiently in different ways towards us finishing comfortably outside the relegation zone, not least the 2 central defenders. Harkin didn't save us IMO - it was a team and management effort.

I haven't castigated the guy, but like many others, I am just not too fussed that he has gone elsewhere. Nor have I challenged anyone else's enthusiastic opinion or regret he's gone.

And you think I didn't?

Edited by mikeroyboy