Team as it stands

Rachubka

B Wilson Kasunga Wilson Mills

Dieng / Mellor

Jones Kelly

Winchester

JCH New Striker

From the team so far and what i saw against Newcastle and Morecombe i would go for a diamond midfield 4. I would then hope that B Wilson and Mills could get up and down to support breaks as and when with Dieng/Mellor being disciplined filling in when one side breaks.

Still need a striker IMO this could be Forte but i don't think Gros is good enough to be a starter nor is Philli fit enough yet...

rachubka needs to realise where the centre of his net is and stop holding hands with the linesman #DickovOut Edited by kieranmcandrew

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what Johnson said when he went back to QPR from us. The next week, he signed for Coventry...

Next week is a bit of a stretch, he signed for Cov on 14th Feb, having left us after the Port Vale game on 18th Jan, nearly 4 weeks previous. In that time we signed another 2 loanees- Kissock and Stead and if we had actually got a proper contract Tarky would have returned too. With Oxley, Worrall and Harkins too, adding Petrasso would have made 7 loanees (including Tarky) on our books when Petrasso went to Cov. As you can only name 5 loanees in a match-day squad. I think Johnson saw sense in not bringing Petrasso back for a second time, although to have do so would have meant a rest of season-long loan in the Jan transfer window, as he wouldn't have been allowed to return for another month (to make 3 in total) to us on an "emergency loan" basis.

But wait I've just brought facts into an OWTB conversation, I should know by now that's against the rules.

Next week is a bit of a stretch, he signed for Cov on 14th Feb, having left us after the Port Vale game on 18th Jan, nearly 4 weeks previous. In that time we signed another 2 loanees- Kissock and Stead and if we had actually got a proper contract Tarky would have returned too. With Oxley, Worrall and Harkins too, adding Petrasso would have made 7 loanees (including Tarky) on our books when Petrasso went to Cov. As you can only name 5 loanees in a match-day squad. I think Johnson saw sense in not bringing Petrasso back for a second time, although to have do so would have meant a rest of season-long loan in the Jan transfer window, as he wouldn't have been allowed to return for another month (to make 3 in total) to us on an "emergency loan" basis.

But wait I've just brought facts into an OWTB conversation, I should know by now that's against the rules.

Johnson on record as saying it though?

I have a feeling LJ may go with a 5-3-2 next season using B.Wilson and Mills as wing backs with any 3 from Lockwood, Kusunga, J.Wilson and Brown in the 3 central positions, midfield would then be Smith central with Jones inside right, hopefully harkins inside left with JCH up front with a.n.other hopefully clarke/zoko/mcleod leaving turner, philly, dayton, winchester,

mellor and bove on the bench.

Posted in early June, only took the manager 6 weeks to cotton on to the strength of his team.

Edited by yarddog73