• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've heard this week that the new stand probably won't be finished for a while, so what will happen to the shop between now and then? I guess Sports Direct will just use the existing shop for now.

The statement suggests that there will be no club shop until it relocates. Which as you say, could be some time. We could just go for a car boot sale when the new unannounced kit arrives. Would be quite apt.

New stock to be sold online until the shop opens in the New Stand?

If anyone wants a positive to take from this, it probably means that the stand will progress significantly over the next few weeks and months and we'll have a shop in that time.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

New stock to be sold online until the shop opens in the New Stand?

If anyone wants a positive to take from this, it probably means that the stand will progress significantly over the next few weeks and months and we'll have a shop in that time.

Definitely not paying the delivery charge on the new kit

The sensible thing would be to keep the club shop open till the unit is complete then move it over with no loss of revenue. However, Latics don't do sensible

With a new kit manufacturer meaning that merchandise sales are currently limited to pin badges and Montano calendars, how much revenue do you expect us to be losing? Whilst the unit in the new stand is being completed, would it be sensible to do a temporary refit in the club shop under the Sports Direct banner which is, quite feasibly, what may be going on?

Sell all the stuff in the Sports Direct shop in town and open a pop up stall on matchday.

Sorted.

Best idea yet.

No need ever for a club shop taking up valuable space in the new stand, why bother when there's a shop selling all the stuff in the town centre.

Edited by laticsrblue

Club announces shop will shut, but not anything about how they will sell merchandise after this.

A number of fans say it's not bad news because the club will sell via:- SD / online / popup shop

When did the club announce these options?

It seems that some fans, in the face of announcements that leave more questins than answers, prefer to pretend that there is a clear plan by making one up themselves.

"no, no, it's all fine 'cos even though the club hasn't said ANYTHING to explain what will happen / has happened, I will make up the reasons for myself and therefore will convince my self with my own reasons".

At best, it's an amateur way to communicate. But then that's typical of the current board.

We've not seen such scenes of dismay since they closed down Club Call

Sadly having rung the number many times in the 90's I still remember the number

0898 121142

Sad I know

Also think that is where jack Dearden started,

Sadly having rung the number many times in the 90's I still remember the number

0898 121142

Sad I know

Also think that is where jack Dearden started,

Always sounded like Jack was on a bus or sitting in an echoey room behind a generator with the verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound in the background

Club announces shop will shut, but not anything about how they will sell merchandise after this.

A number of fans say it's not bad news because the club will sell via:- SD / online / popup shop

When did the club announce these options?

It seems that some fans, in the face of announcements that leave more questins than answers, prefer to pretend that there is a clear plan by making one up themselves.

"no, no, it's all fine 'cos even though the club hasn't said ANYTHING to explain what will happen / has happened, I will make up the reasons for myself and therefore will convince my self with my own reasons".

At best, it's an amateur way to communicate. But then that's typical of the current board.

Valid questions - Though I think rather than giving answers, people have stated possibilites. Granted we would be a bit more in the know if the club had announced something but equally (and perhaps this is just me) I don't think its the end of the world that they haven't yet.