New Kit supplier

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This from the Port Vale site may have already been posted but it's the first time I've seen it.......is this a similar arrangement to the rumoured deal at BP?

Port Vale has signed a five year kit sponsorship deal with global sports giant Sondico Professional.

The agreement will see Sondico Professional provide all playing kit for the club, including Port Vale's new bespoke first-team kits, which are due to be announced over the next few weeks.

The first of these will be a limited edition third strip, which is due to be unveiled later this week.

In addition, the club has also signed a deal with Sondico Professional, aided by Sports Direct, to fit out the club's new Megastore, which is due to open in the summer.

Chairman Paul Wildes said that he believed these deals underline the club's commitment to bring quality merchandise to Vale Park.

"Sondico Professional is an established sporting brand and they have impressed us with how reactive they have been when we have been designing the kits for 13/14 season, which correlate with our desire to bring us closer to our fan base and illustrate the rich heritage of the club," he said.

"We are now in a completely different position to last year, when due to administration issues, we were only able to select a standard park kit for our first-team strip. Now we have had time to plan - and I'm certain our supporters won't be disappointed.

"When we arrived at the club, we knew that the retail offer had to be improved and a new megastore, which offered a wider range of merchandise for all of our supporters, was a priority for us.

"We are pleased to also announce Sports Direct as key strategic partners in our new Megastore, a deal which enables them to offer their significant retail experience to the club and its fan base."

Spencer Guinchard, Managing Director of Sondico Professional, added:We are delighted to be working with Port Vale at such an important time in the clubs history. Sondico Professional aligns a range of manufacturers with renowned experts and designers in order to create products of the highest standard.

Hand in hand with the fresh approach and energy of Paul and his team, this cooperation has ensured a product range which is dynamic, original and sure to delight.

Edited by oafc1955

Sounds like a new business model for sports direct to take over lower leagues struggling retail shops. I presume only worth it if the rentable space is big enough to take their 40 £1 bargain bins...

Makes sense to support and build a platform for a few of their brands too which to be honest I thought had died out years ago...

Doesn't mean our deal couldn't still involve some other valuable agreements I.e Stand sponsorship

The agreement will see Sondico Professional provide all playing kit for the club, including Port Vale's new bespoke first-team kits, which are due to be announced over the next few weeks.

"Sondico Professional is an established sporting brand and they have impressed us with how reactive they have been when we have been designing the kits for 13/14 season, which correlate with our desire to bring us closer to our fan base and illustrate the rich heritage of the club," he said

"Bespoke" - we don't have to have a copy of someone else's kit.

"Illustrate the heritage of the club" - not sodding yellow.

If we've got the same agreement we should be fine, if not, Corney out!

Sounds like a new business model for sports direct to take over lower leagues struggling retail shops. I presume only worth it if the rentable space is big enough to take their 40 £1 bargain bins...

Makes sense to support and build a platform for a few of their brands too which to be honest I thought had died out years ago...

Doesn't mean our deal couldn't still involve some other valuable agreements I.e Stand sponsorship

http://sondicoprofessional.com/open-a-club-store/

Been on Sports Direct website today and it appears our training kit is Pompeys 13/14 training kit without the badges, the grey/black that the coaching staff are wearing is also part of the Pompey range from last season. Must say it looks a pretty good range adults home shirts are around £45 with kids around £30.