Signing Number 4 - LIAM KELLY

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from footballforums:

Liam Kelly is a very gifted player who is very good technically and covers a lot of ground. My only problem is lack of goals..... sounding like a like-for-like swap although we probably gave you some cash.

Liam had a bad injury and we've been waiting for him to get a look in since. Capable at Championship level so at our level I think he'll be a decent enough signing for you. I always rated LJ in midfield (unlike many City fans) and I would say he knows how to spot a decent midfield player.

A good move for both players and both clubs I would say. New start will give them both fresh impetus.

Their fans seem very disappointed he's gone. Sounds like a box to box midfielder with the capacity to score goals, from his Kilmarnock days. Being rejected by Cotterill is probably a compliment with his ideas on football...

Losing Smith is a blow - a player that is quality in this league. LJ is changing the centre midfield though with more attacking options which I like. Paying a fee should at least appease a few fans, and so should the length of the contract.

Where have you read that we paid a fee?

BCFC Fan's Forum:

Posted 7 minutes ago

Kelly gone to oldham as part of the deal,Stockhausen says undisclosed fee. Kelly gone to Oldham for undisclosed fee ,seperate deal to Corey Smith.

Andy Stockhausen, is a sports writer for the Bristol Post.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

So is this guy better than Korey or what?

just passing on information here, a lad I know said he noticed smith wasn't at training this morning, he spoke to LJ and asked where he was to which Johnson replied 'that's the million dollar question'. Im not saying this is true but ive known the lad for years and he's a staunch latics fan and has no reason to lie.

edit- also Johnson said 'he has someone even better lined up'