Signing Number 4 - LIAM KELLY

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thirty second "highlight" reel is no indication that he's any good.

Yep, clever editing made Bradley Diallo look like a future France International...as opposed to usless pile of steaming pish he was.

I'll reserve judgement until i've seen him play.

Promising signing on the face of it, but YouTube isnt the place to scout him...

Yep, clever editing made Bradley Diallo look like a future France International...as opposed to usless pile of steaming pish he was.

He had lovely hair though.

With hindsight, the fact that all the clips in Sidney Schmeltz's video cut before showing where the cross ended up should have set alarm bells ringing.

You've got yourself a good player in Kelly, will score goals. Was one of the best players in our relegation season, after signing in the January window for 250,000. Rumors up here say you payed 200,000 of the 350,000 we payed you for smith

This is Oldham Athletic.

Not a frigging chance we've paid £200K for a player.

We've not spent that amount in all our dealls combined for over 10+ years...

You've picked up Korey for some bibs, a bag of Mitre Balls and some cones - and we've signed Kelly for some Office Depot Clipboards left over in a storeroom with P Butler on the label...

Edited by slystallone

You've got yourself a good player in Kelly, will score goals. Was one of the best players in our relegation season, after signing in the January window for 250,000. Rumors up here say you payed 200,000 of the 350,000 we payed you for smith

Bloody hell corney as probably got a nose bleed paying two hundred grand for a player especially when it was for the stand. He must really trust Johnson on this one.

Cheers for the info.

My guess would be nominal fee for Kelly and less than the £500k we'd like to think Smith is worth.

Minimise the VAT and all that.

Quote from Cotterill confirm separate deals:

“We left on good terms and it worked out perfectly really, as we were already talking to Oldham about the Korey Smith deal. Although they are completely separate transfers, things like this seem to happen for a reason in football and Liam’s got a good move."

Why you dubious of this statement I'm just saying they would of taken diligence over is medical.

In my view a stringent medical would take quite a bit of time to get the results back. It's highly unlikely that the medical was started early enough for it to be stringent enough, as there is no way it would have been kept quiet enough for it not to be on here/twitter.

I think he,ll do well for us but it's another Korey smith scenario where he does well 1st season then this time next year he,s off

maybe that's why he's been given a three year deal so we get a bigger undisclosed fee when we sell him with two years left on his contract

Rumours are we paid £7.25m for Kelly and received £7.4m for Smith

Welcome to Latics Liam!

While I'm not particularly happy with the "trade" of him for Smith due to the unsettling effect it could have on our defensive strategy, I quite like what LJ is trying to do transfer wise. Sell big to a big club, then buy small from them and polish the rough diamond. I'm sure there was a manager for us 20-30 years ago who tried that, not sure how it fared though... :wink: