OUT - KOREY SMITH

For me, with the back 5 as it is there is no need for a 'holding' midfielder, especially at home. Lockwood's good in the air and wilson has abit of pace and can step out of defence. I think LJ has seen this and realised he can afford to go more attacking so hopefully this will be a shrewd move that provides more goals.

holding midfielder if ever needed should be KusungaAAAAA UNBELIEVABLE 5-4 ROY

For me, with the back 5 as it is there is no need for a 'holding' midfielder, especially at home. Lockwood's good in the air and wilson has abit of pace and can step out of defence. I think LJ has seen this and realised he can afford to go more attacking so hopefully this will be a shrewd move that provides more goals.

Hopefully you're right and it would allow us to have some great attacking options, I'm not entirely convinced though as I think we wouldn't have been as secure defensively at the end of the season without Smith (or Byrom when he played in that role).

But with a midfield of Kelly and Jones in centre mid what do I know. Let's face it I'm Just Looking and then trying to be Mr Writer. If we wanted to have a Local Boy in the Photograph then maybe playing Mellor there is an option. Hopefully LJ won't play again as there would be More Life in a Tramp's Vest, but at least he would dictate the midfield Traffic. I think everyone knew we weren't going to get promoted last year, but Maybe Tomorrow eh?

Thinking about it I'll be happy with our new midfield pairing as long as they don't turn out like Bowyer and Dyer at Newcastle as we don't want any Handbags...and Gladrags. :)

Have a Nice Day y'all!

Smith thanks Johnson.

Bristol City's new recruit Korey Smith paid tribute to former manager Lee Johnson after signing a three-year deal at Ashton Gate.

Johnson, who made nearly 200 appearances for City, made Smith his skipper at Oldham after signing him on a permanent deal last summer following a loan spell.

"I'm very excited to be here, it's a great move for me and it's going to be a big season ahead," said Smith, for whom City paid an undisclosed fee to make him their fourth summer signing.

He added on the club's official website: "I think the club has been interested for a while - the last six months to a year - and I'm happy the deal has now gone through.

"I've played here a few times and I've got a couple of friends who say nothing but good things about the place. I know it's a very big club, so I'm looking forward it.

"Lee Johnson has been a great help and put a lot of trust in me last season, making me his captain, and I'm very grateful for that.

"I had a great time at Oldham and wish them all the best in the future. He said nothing but good things about the club and he had a really good time here."

Hopefully you're right and it would allow us to have some great attacking options, I'm not entirely convinced though as I think we wouldn't have been as secure defensively at the end of the season without Smith (or Byrom when he played in that role).

But with a midfield of Kelly and Jones in centre mid what do I know. Let's face it I'm Just Looking and then trying to be Mr Writer. If we wanted to have a Local Boy in the Photograph then maybe playing Mellor there is an option. Hopefully LJ won't play again as there would be More Life in a Tramp's Vest, but at least he would dictate the midfield Traffic. I think everyone knew we weren't going to get promoted last year, but Maybe Tomorrow eh?

Thinking about it I'll be happy with our new midfield pairing as long as they don't turn out like Bowyer and Dyer at Newcastle as we don't want any Handbags...and Gladrags. :)

Have a Nice Day y'all!

You should have waited a couple of days. You could have had a Manic Monday.

Have a Nice Day y'all!

What a great post. But It Means Nothing. Have a Nice Day.

"A very good one. I used him as the one in a 4-1-4-1 formation, but there is a lot more to his game.

"He has a great engine, runs all day long and is probably better suited to a box-to-box role.

So he was told to play in the holding role, I don't see why Wes couldn't have done it and Korey pushed further up.

Wes is very good at tackling, he presses the opposition and gives them no time, whereas Korey is more disciplined with his positioning. I think at the end of the season they were both given appropriate roles.

Someone best go and check on ChaddySmoker.

I am fine mate! Thank you for your concern. If we received £250K net for the deal so be it! If we received £110K Net for the deal, just enough for gold taps on the sinks in the Offices/Store/Gym/Executive Boxes/Mike Ashleys personal boudoir not so good. But we will never know will we? In LJ I trust, in Corney I don't!