• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith is blind by definition, which is why I dislike it so. I consider myself a realist.

There is a difference between faith and optimism. Perhaps a new slogan could incorporate a more skeptical brand of positivity rather than the current unskeptical kind.

I don't have any suggestions right now. Just trying to feed some ideas.

Wow, you read to much into things.

• 6 months later...

Missed this thread last time around.

I thought KtF was OK - whilst it might be associated with our long years of struggling in the third tier of football, it was coined by Joe Royle during arguably our greatest period of success. Someone else linked it to the final season of the PL, but I am sure it was first used by Joe and adopted more widely by the fans the previous season when we looked dead and buried at the bottom of the table. I recall an interview spot on the Great Escape video with Joe and talking about it around the time of the 2-2 draw away at Everton, and shortly before we beat Man utd at home.

It has now dissappeared off the shirts and seems to get less use day to day so maybe it has had its time - though as I don't think we have an official motto, then I suppose it doesn't matter.

If we were going for a motto then this one works for me.

Defy Expectations - pinched from Orlando City, but perfect in my view on many levels