Miguel Llera

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Released from a lower championship club and obviously not picked up at 34 years of age and some think we should sign up right away. Based on what?

Some may have seen him play 90 mins last season but I doubt it. So is that based off the fact he scored a few goals over a few seasons or he was good a few years ago? Maybe he was inconsistent at his last 2 clubs but is remembered for his head gear.

No doubts he has done well over the last few years in league 1 and the championship for Charlton and Wednesday. I will be honest I don't know what he was doing before that but he obviously was not offered a deal at Wednesday. Why?

His legs could have gone. He could have been shocking last season and at the moment he has not been picked up and has accepted a trial with us.

You can't sign a player because he was good in the past. If he is still fit and can do a job we may offer him a deal.

As for him being insulted at being asked to have a trial and being on a good wage as some have said. 34, no club.....if he doesn't like it :censored: him.

Having said that I hope he is awesome and we sign him

Wendies fans thought it was the right decision to release him. He's well thought of by them but they reckon he's prone to make error's and championship is just to high a level for him now.

Always gives 100% and a threat from set pieces.

Ha you know what I mean!

Ricketts played for England . I wish he had a trial

True but john Sheridan was good in the past as was David Eyres and Sean gregan they worked out alright as did Simon Charlton and shefti kuqi was a success of some sort all stepping down. Before that the likes of (and we are talking way before my time) bobby Johnstone and George hardwick had careers at the top before dropping down here and being a success.

Plus it's a cliche I know but it won't cost anything to have a closer look if he still got it why the hell not.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Wendies fans thought it was the right decision to release him. He's well thought of by them but they reckon he's prone to make error's and championship is just to high a level for him now.

Always gives 100% and a threat from set pieces.

He made an error resulting in the Curzon goal, apart from that he strolled through the game.

Edited by BP1960

Doubtless, I'm not questioning his pedigree. Just mildly amused that amongst all of the posts saying he'd walk into the team and be our best defender he seems to have cost us a goal in his one appearance to date.

How many goals did Tarky cost us last season? He was (comfortably) our best defender for the 6 months of last season he was here.

How many goals did Grounds cost us in his first season here- when he too was (comfortably) our best defender?

However, on your general point I'm more inclined to agree with you and I too would like to see how he performs against better opposition before saying he would walk into our team. Sheff Wed didn't have all that good a defensive record with him in the side, and there will be a reason he has been let go, plus at 34 and with his injury record a trial to see if he is physically up to it is far from the worst idea.

Disagree. This club has lacked the right sort of characters for a long time. If Llera fits the bill then get him in.

But we don't need any more defenders atm. Other areas need strengthening. If enough money is left in the budget after that then fair enough but I'd rather see us spending what money we have on areas that need it than one than doesn't.