Miguel Llera

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kasunga very much a liability in my eyes based on what I saw of him last season (Probably made 3/4 of games).

But, he's well worth another go and if he is played just in front of the defence, any mistake he might be liable to make can be mopped up by the back 4.

Edited by BP1960

The player came onto the scene far too late for me...I have a feeling if he'd have been available earlier Kusunga may not have his contract right now.

I can't blame Llera for holding out for the best deal as it will probably be his last in pro football but what a waste of time and money and not least disruption to our preparations.

I've said before that the best contract offer we could afford should have been agreed and on the table a lot sooner.....he should not have gone on this team building exercise without an agreement in place.

I hope we have a creative player lined up as it's an area where we are desperately short....I think we have enough strikers now and will have to see how we progress before the transfer window closes. If we need more experience in the side it will have to be through a loan.

My biggest concern is competitive game time for the bench warmers and fringe players in the 1st team squad now that we have no reserve fixtures.

The player came onto the scene far too late for me...I have a feeling if he'd have been available earlier Kusunga may not have his contract right now.

I can't blame Llera for holding out for the best deal as it will probably be his last in pro football but what a waste of time and money and not least disruption to our preparations.

I've said before that the best contract offer we could afford should have been agreed and on the table a lot sooner.....he should not have gone on this team building exercise without an agreement in place.

I hope we have a creative player lined up as it's an area where we are desperately short....I think we have enough strikers now and will have to see how we progress before the transfer window closes. If we need more experience in the side it will have to be through a loan.

My biggest concern is competitive game time for the bench warmers and fringe players in the 1st team squad now that we have no reserve fixtures.

Do we know he actually did go on the team building exercise? He's not on todays twitter picture.

It's not too much of a concern, people are saying it's a waste in pre season etc.. He's not the only trialist we have.

Onto the next one.

Do we know he actually did go on the team building exercise? He's not on todays twitter picture.

It's not too much of a concern, people are saying it's a waste in pre season etc.. He's not the only trialist we have.

Onto the next one.

I just think a contract offer in principal should be agreed beforehand... What's the point in trialing a player if you can't afford to sign him?

Think we would have a decent shout if we could get within touching distance of his wages. (Which we might be miles away from) Often seen around the club and maybe LJ can give him the gift of the gab that we will make a go for it this year.

@Matt_Chambers_: Miguel Llera: went to training camp but it was decided there he wasn't the right fit for #oafc. Departed without hard feelings.

Speculate away!

Perhaps mountaineering, climbing, abseiling, archery, orienteering weren't for him.