Quality gesture

Is it our place to do that? It's not like one of ours took him out with a bad tackle. No wonder we're losing money...

I think Lags means he will most likely be off work for some time and is probably not insured.

Edited by BP1960

Is it our place to do that? It's not like one of ours took him out with a bad tackle. No wonder we're losing money...

:censored:ing hell, don't be so miserable...

Edited by sjk2008

I can't see a reason why we wouldn't look to help out?

He's semi pro; and i doubt has insurance to cover him being off work from his main earning job.

It keep a small relationship going with Curzon, so we can continue to play them annually at pre-season (& we may also look to get 1 or 2 of our lot on a youth loan to them moving forward possibly)

Reputation wise, it will be known in football circles that we're looking after him, and will only help our reputation as a nice family style club.

....and its the right thing to do.

I see absolutely no reason for complaint or moan here?

Talking of insurance I hope the lad does better than me. I suffered a tri-maliar ( resident medic please help with spelling) fracture of my ankle , where like this lad my foot was pointing in the wrong direction , as a result of a horror tackle. I paid my subs every week in the oldham Sunday league which I believe covers insurance. I received a paltry £400. So 2 ops later and a few screws and plates after over 7 years I've not kicked a ball since . Good luck to the lad I hope you have a better experience and get back to playing.

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Talking of insurance I hope the lad does better than me. I suffered a tri-maliar ( resident medic please help with spelling) fracture of my ankle , where like this lad my foot was pointing in the wrong direction , as a result of a horror tackle. I paid my subs every week in the oldham Sunday league which I believe covers insurance. I received a paltry £400. So 2 ops later and a few screws and plates after over 7 years I've not kicked a ball since . Good luck to the lad I hope you have a better experience and get back to playing.

Tri-malleolar the malleolii are the bits that stick out on either side of your foot/ankle

As to insurance, it depends on what the young lad's job entails. I can think of quite a few jobs where he could be back to work quite quickly. Anything involving driving, or physical activity, which are quite likely for a young physically fit lad and he could be off for some time. If he is employed then it is less of an issue as he will get sick pay, but it depends on his particular circumstances- for example NHS get 6 months full-pay, but most other places you get statutory sick pay. if he is self-employed then he could be :censored:

Insurance- you hate having to pay it but if you ever need it you are very glad you did.