Best Home & Away Fans Pubs...?

Hi Guys,

I am compiling a new fans guide for the coming season and am after real fans views of which are the best pubs on match days for both home fans & visiting supporters.

Which are the "main pubs" for home fans around the ground..?

Can you let me know the best 5 or so around the ground please and any local establishments that particularly cater for and welcome visiting supporters - pubs, restaurants, parking facilities attractions etc.

Also, any suggestions of pubs that you have visited at other away grounds which are good for away supporters on match days would be great.

Many thanks

Rob

Someone who lives in Oldham might be better at this but...

Uphill to the ground:

The Greyhound - decent food and some parking out front. Top class bitter.

The Dog and Partidge - God's own bitter but the pub has seen better days. Lots of parking and not too much further on your walk to the ground.

Downhill to the ground. Great nearby chippy.

The White Hart - Bog standard booze. (Selection of continental lagers brewed in by licence in in the UK). Heated area outside for tab monkeys. Some parking at the back.

The Old Grey Mare - Bog standard booze. (Selection of continental lagers brewed in by licence in in the UK). Some parking at the back.

They're all perfectly friendly places for away fans. Our hooligans aren't old enough for pubs and have no money anyway.

Most pubs around the ground are decent and friendly enough places, although I do wish we had one which served decent local ale on tap (not JW Lees). The Clayton Green would be my prefered venue, other local pubs include

The Old Grey Mare

The White Hart

The Greyhound

(and a little further afield) The Bluebelle

Hi Guys, [/size]

[/size]

I am compiling a new fans guide for the coming season and am after real fans views of which are the best pubs on match days for both home fans & visiting supporters.[/size]

[/size]

Which are the "main pubs" for home fans around the ground..?[/size]

[/size]

Can you let me know the best 5 or so around the ground please and any local establishments that particularly cater for and welcome visiting supporters - pubs, restaurants, parking facilities attractions etc.[/size]

[/size]

Also, any suggestions of pubs that you have visited at other away grounds which are good for away supporters on match days would be great.[/size]

[/size]

Many thanks[/size]

[/size]

Rob[/size]

The White Hart always has the lunchtime kickoff on. Playground at the back for kids. Friendly enough home fans, usually. No food. Bog standard beer as mentioned, although there is now San Miguel on too.

For real ale the Ashton Arms in the town centre is the best. Right next to Oldham Central metro stop now too.

Two Wetherspoons near here in the centre of Oldham too.

£5 ish in a taxi from any of these.

Away trip wise I'm looking forward to several pubs in Bradford this sEason.

Other than that we all have the same :censored: chain pubs by and large nowadays don't we? If they've managed to stay open.

Someone who lives in Oldham might be better at this but...

Uphill to the ground:

The Greyhound - decent food and some parking out front. Top class bitter.

The Dog and Partidge - God's own bitter but the pub has seen better days. Lots of parking and not too much further on your walk to the ground.

Downhill to the ground. Great nearby chippy.

The White Hart - Bog standard booze. (Selection of continental lagers brewed in by licence in in the UK). Heated area outside for tab monkeys. Some parking at the back.

The Old Grey Mare - Bog standard booze. (Selection of continental lagers brewed in by licence in in the UK). Some parking at the back.

They're all perfectly friendly places for away fans. Our hooligans aren't old enough for pubs and have no money anyway.

Hi Mr Tulse Hill

Just been in The Dog & Partridge, new landlady (of 8 months). J W Lees Bitter to have your tonsils plumbed into, and it's only £ 2/10s/00d a pint!! (£ 2.50 if you are under 50!!) And (never begin a sentence with and) they do sell those fancy lagers etc, no food but a beer garden and away and home fans welcome.

:drinking45::drinking45::drinking45:

Hi Mr Tulse Hill

Just been in The Dog & Partridge, new landlady (of 8 months). J W Lees Bitter to have your tonsils plumbed into, and it's only £ 2/10s/00d a pint!! (£ 2.50 if you are under 50!!) And (never begin a sentence with and) they do sell those fancy lagers etc, no food but a beer garden and away and home fans welcome.

:drinking45::drinking45::drinking45:

Cheers Millibob. I must have caught them on a bad day - I suspect they'd just had a "children's party" and it smelled of children and burned onions. And there were food scraps everywhere (which might appeal to some). I always call in the Dog when I'm up, for the awesome beer and the flexible time-calling arrangements.

Cheers Millibob. I must have caught them on a bad day - I suspect they'd just had a "children's party" and it smelled of children and burned onions. And there were food scraps everywhere (which might appeal to some). I always call in the Dog when I'm up, for the awesome beer and the flexible time-calling arrangements.

Hi Mr Tulse Hill

Next time you pay a visit to the Republic of Royton may I be the first person (the only one knowing most of the population) to offer to buy you a pint of the foaming nectar at the aforementioned establishment. (Yes they do admit ankle snappers but the profit margin on Crisps and Fruit Shoots is too good to miss!!)

:deal:

Surprised the Rifle Range hasn't been mentioned.

That's where i drink pre-game and afterwards; and TBH; i'm not surprised it's not got much of mention.

The couple who had it after Mark & Adele left made a right pigs ear of running it IMO; and it quite noticeably suffered last season.

No football on the TV from the sky games; and post game, it wasn't uncommon to have something like Pointless or Worlds Funniest Animals on the TV instead of the evening games or SSNs. They ran out of beer regularlly and didnt offer anything other than microwaved pies and peas food wise. It went downhill pretty darn fast & me & my mates only stayed going in there for habit, the easy car parking and a kind of weird 'it might get better' mentality (whcih it didnt)

New landlord in though now, doing food too.

Early signs are it's looking a lot better for the new season in there....

That's where i drink pre-game and afterwards; and TBH; i'm not surprised it's not got much of mention.

The couple who had it after Mark & Adele left made a right pigs ear of running it IMO; and it quite noticeably suffered last season.

No football on the TV from the sky games; and post game, it wasn't uncommon to have something like Pointless or Worlds Funniest Animals on the TV instead of the evening games or SSNs. They ran out of beer regularlly and didnt offer anything other than microwaved pies and peas food wise. It went downhill pretty darn fast & me & my mates only stayed going in there for habit, the easy car parking and a kind of weird 'it might get better' mentality (whcih it didnt)

Excellent news, it's on my new match day route

Thanks for that Sly, will be using it a lot more this season if this is the case.

What seat are you in this season?

I'm sorry but I'm a Thwaites man, I'd love it if somewhere served Wainwright at matches like they do at the Cricket, a traditional Lancashire ale.

Hooters is the worst bar in Nottingham...

It's a shame because there are some fantastic places to go and drink in Nottingham, but everyone I go with insists on Hooters.

There was a great pub in peterbourough the name escapes me but it sold more real ale than you can shake a stick at

We always end up in the Cherry Tree.

I'm sorry but I'm a Thwaites man, I'd love it if somewhere served Wainwright at matches like they do at the Cricket, a traditional Lancashire ale.

Do they serve proper ale at the cricket? Not just some hideous chemcial based smooth version?