• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy called Richard Taylor wonder if he his putting any ££££ part me thinks it's more of his business experience.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140717-new-director-1757395.aspx

Appears that way but seems to come with very high credentials. How old is he? Seems relatively young but looks to have done very well for himself. Definitely need some new ideas so hopefully it'll pay off. Good luck to him.

Appears that way but seems to come with very high credentials. How old is he? Seems relatively young but looks to have done very well for himself. Definitely need some new ideas so hopefully it'll pay off. Good luck to him.

The people who work for Deloitte and the like are often young but get a lot of exposure and experience by the time they are mid-30's.

As Glossop says, I doubt he will have the sort of money to invest but he might no a few people.

My boss is ex-Deloitte so will ask about him.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Good move, it's not a money related move - it's with the new stand/commercial exp in mind.

The new stand is going to require a good, savy head to make it work commercially and this chap brings good experience. He's not an investor, just the type of commercial director the club's been lacking for a while.

Good move. A new face, and someone who's going to build the club's commercial side, which is imperitive to the club's future.

Hopefully he'll be squeezing as much money out of the new stand, via the SD store, gym, conferencing facilities etc. as possible.

Edited by ShireBlue

"Oldham Athletic are delighted to announce Richard Taylor as an addition to the Board of Directors".

"Richard joins the Oldham Athletic board with a wealth of experience in professional sport and business behind him".

He has worked at a senior level with a number of professional football clubs, world and national governing bodies and at major global sporting events.

"He has a strong focus on business and strategic development, as well as commercial and project management".

"Richard has also worked for Deloitte's sports business group and was a main author of their authoritative and industry leading publications, The Annual Review of Football Finance and Football Money League".

"Richard has been an Oldham Athletic fan all his life and grew up in the town before graduating from the University of Oxford. He also worked for the club just under a decade ago and cannot wait to get started".

"Spent the last ten years working in the professional sport industry, some of it at the very highest levels".

"I have supported the club all of my life".

He knows what he is doing with regards to making money from the ground AND he's a FAN.

Our fortunes definitely appear to be on the up.

All aboard.

Great, another non investing director

J. Warb and Broady might be feeling a bit miffed an all.

Ha Ha. Little bit different CV. Not denigrating Jenny or Broady at all, but this chap brings more to the table than them combined.

Who knows if it will work, but different gravy.

Tha knows nowt about nowt.

Edited by singe