Newcastle Fans.

Apologies. This is an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion and can say what they like subject to the mods intervention.

Personally, on reading through the original post my thoughts turned to 300 innocent victims (not just the Newcastle fans) who'd been shot down and killed in a plane attack and how their families must be feeling. Answer is, I hope I never find out.

Other people may have read the subsequent posts of condolence and thought why has Simon Corney changed the naming rights to Boundary Park and allowed it to be called sportsdirect.com Park and why are other posters referring to the ground as that? At this point some posters may then have thought, I know rather than commenting on this topic to pass on my condolences to the 300 innocent victims who have died in this inexcusable act. Instead, I should raise the point again in this post (not that there are numerous other topics and pages and pages of debate about the name change), as to how the name of Oldham Athletic's ground has been changed from Boundary Park to sportsdirect.com Park even though it has absolutely no relevance whatsoever with the topic I'm writing about.

As mentioned above, everyone is entitled to posting an opinion on an open forum and I apologise for referring to you as a knob.

Edited by Slash

Just read that a couple had put their three kids on the flight, with their grandparents picking them up at the other end. That's :censored:ing horrendous.

Edit: slightly inaccurate, as it turns out. The grandfather was with the kids on the flight after the parents had decided to extend their holiday by a few days without the kids. Still bloody awful.

Whys oldham going so soft.

Aww nice for the curzon lad to be offered our physio services.

R.i p to the Newcastle lads. Truly mean that. But Football fans die every day. Life.

getting blown out off the sky whilst on a civilian aircraft is not just LIFE as you put it !

A stewardess missed the earlier tragedy by swopping shifts at the last min. Her husband was on the most recent one because he also swapped shifts last min.

Nearly every human tragedy can throw out coincidences like this, there is always some "if only" further down the chain of events that could have prevented the loss of life. Nobody expects to board a commercial flight, only to be shot down over a war-zone. It's not exactly a commonplace event. The question has to be asked of why commercial flights are being allowed to enter the airspace, even if they are flying over the so-called safety altitude of 33,000 feet.

The cynic in me mulls over the possibility that the Ukraine itself brought down the plane, in order to place Putin in an untenable position and to provoke more (or major) action from the West.

It doesn't matter, certainly not to the friends and families of the victims. You don't expect, as a person flying to watch your football team or going home from a holiday, that a conflict in a far-away land will bring about such devastation to yours or a relative's life.

We are not "going so soft" as 'keep_the_faith' put it.

It's just a form of altruism and respect.

Whys oldham going so soft.

Aww nice for the curzon lad to be offered our physio services.

R.i p to the Newcastle lads. Truly mean that. But Football fans die every day. Life.

Yeah, what this forum needs is people being a lot more cunty to each other and about life in general.