Two new signings tomorrow

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been to any friendlies but, from what I've read on here & elsewhere, weren't these two the least impressive of all the triallists?

At the Curzon game, Morgan Smith was the best player on the pitch first half IMO. When everyone thought he was John Cofie, they all wanted him to sign, then when they heard he was from Kiddy he became :censored:!

Gros looked alright in a hold up role but didnt really threaten. Dont expect him to start most games anyway with JCH & Philli infront of him, but hes still young and who knows!

Llera was still there when I drove past earlier, looked like they'd just been training.

Does the fact he's hanging around suggest nobody else is offering him what he wants either?

Dont know how reliable this is, but one of the lads in the office is a Sheffield Weds fan.

When we annouced he was on trial, i had a word.

He said Llera and his family are settled in Sheffield, young kids in school etc, he he's only interested in local-ish sides that are commutable from his Sheffield home.

If thats the case, it might well explain why he's still here, and not on trial or signed up for the likes of Yeovil or Gillingham.

Its a bit limiting; and only really leaves Sheffield United, Barnsley, Us, Rochdale, Chesterfield & Crewe at a push as local League One sides. ...

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Blackpool given their player shortage.

Think if he signs with us it will be late on and a short contract a la Lanzoni.

Yep, Good shout that, could well happen i guess; what with them having like 7 players at the moment.

What sort of a striker is Forte? His goals to games ratio is certainly not the most impressive I've ever seen, would switching him to a winger bring out a better player perhaps?

I thought he was playing on the wing v Newcastle. Very impressed with him.

A good time to repeat that I was led to believe last Monday that we had shook hands on deals with Forte and Morgan Smith. Gros wasn't on the retained list (b4 Newcastle) but wouldn't be surprised if as mentioned by LJ that we offer him a 3 month deal.

Would love Llera but I'd be surprised if talks have taken place since LJ said he was going to after the Melbourne game

My source/ Mr led to believe has come good again.......I mentioned Morgan Smith a full week ago before the Chron got hold of it.

Wages are the likely stumbling block with Forte as he was on 5 figures at Southampton any clearly Gros has played himself into a short term deal

Now to try and find out about this kit of ours!

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Blackpool given their player shortage.

Think if he signs with us it will be late on and a short contract a la Lanzoni.

They may have a money shortage too.

• 2 weeks later...

Forte would be a great signing - he was good enough for Nigel Adkins to take with him from Scunthorpe to Southampton.

200+ games under his belt, more a winger than a striker but 9 goals in 34 games on loan in this league the season before last and has been one of the better trialists pre season from reports I've read.

And he's essentially had a year off so may be way off full sharpness and fitness.

He could easily be our best player if he comes

Edited by HarryBosch

Forte would be a great signing - he was good enough for Nigel Adkins to take with him from Scunthorpe to Southampton.

200+ games under his belt, more a winger than a striker but 9 goals in 34 games on loan in this league the season before last and has been one of the better trialists pre season from reports I've read.

And he's essentially had a year off so may be way off full sharpness and fitness.

He could easily be our best player if he comes

I dont do friendlies, is he left footed by chance?

Who's going to be the No.9....are we waiting to see if Richards moves before making a move.

I suppose if not there is a chance of Jon Stead coming back on a season long loan, Johnson said last season it could be a possibility.

I'm fully expecting us to use our Newcastle / Everton links (rather than City hopefully!) to sign a couple of younger players....Armstrong & Hope are the 2 that have been mentioned but again both are young and untried.

I'm hoping he will play Forte up front as often as possible definately a striker although I get the impression he will be frustrationg to watch, a couple of times in friendlies he has got into position where he should score only to tamely miss.....suppose thats why he is at our level and price range (Although I heard he was after £2k a week)

As much as other clubs' fans slag off Forte "makes Jordan Slew look like Messi!", his out-and-out pace has been something Lee Johnson has wanted for a while. He'll exploit any space in behind, or cause havoc running towards a deep defence, leaving room for our skillful players to exploit.