Bad news for those going to Preston by train

i heard the athleticos are running a 'fruit shoot coach' according to twitter... for anyone who's fancy that takes

The coach there on to Colcheater is mainly regulars who often go with Bluebelle or Lowerhouse but a fair few of the Athleticos have jumped on.

However if you are that desperate all you need to tell us if you prefers the Orange Fruit shoot or Blackcurrent shoot and get a seat kept for you. :)

Delays going through Chorley, until after the bank holiday weekend, thus affecting fans going to Preston by train.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/77409.aspx

A few lads from Bolton at work told me that but when looked on the trainline came up as normal service.

Hebden Bridge was my PLAN B

The coach there on to Colcheater is mainly regulars who often go with Bluebelle or Lowerhouse but a fair few of the Athleticos have jumped on.

However if you are that desperate all you need to tell us if you prefers the Orange Fruit shoot or Blackcurrent shoot and get a seat kept for you. :)

blackcurrant for me please tom, might need an extra seat for all the flares i plan on bringing for my first athletico away game outing

So what's the best option here then as I'm looking at trains for this already?

Rochdale - Hebden Bridge - Preston - £16.60 open return

0956 - 1013 - £4.20

1030 - 1147 - £16.60

Manchester - Wigan - Preston

1010 - 1047 - £4.20

1103 - 1126 - £7.50

Seems as though the Wigan route is faster and cheaper, although I was unsure which Wigan station was the best (Wigan, Wigan North Western or Wigan Wallgate).

I presume both of these routes avoid the issues/delays at Chorley station though?

0956 - 1013 - £4.20

1030 - 1147 - £16.60

1010 - 1047 - £4.20

1103 - 1126 - £7.50

Seems as though the Wigan route is faster and cheaper, although I was unsure which Wigan station was the best (Wigan, Wigan North Western or Wigan Wallgate).

I presume both of these routes avoid the issues/delays at Chorley station though?

The two Wigan stations are adjacent. Preston trains run to North Western, though.

0956 - 1013 - £4.20

1030 - 1147 - £16.60

1010 - 1047 - £4.20

1103 - 1126 - £7.50

For those of us going we thinking via Wigan going arriv early doors easy for people to meet up and those wanting to Hebden Bridge on the way back plus a stop off in Tod.

0956 - 1013 - £4.20

1030 - 1147 - £16.60

1010 - 1047 - £4.20

1103 - 1126 - £7.50

Seems as though the Wigan route is faster and cheaper, although I was unsure which Wigan station was the best (Wigan, Wigan North Western or Wigan Wallgate)

Proberly North Western more services to Preston

Right - just done a final check:

1116 Manchester Piccadilly

1157 Preston

This goes via Wigan North Western anyway so you dont need to split your tickets up.

*£11.60 open return

If my old man is reading this - book Stalybridge to Manchester seperately.

*Before O4U pipes up - use Playershare!