Sending players out on loan

With talk of sending Winchester out on loan. Who would you think would benefit from this more ? I don't believe it would be beneficial to us too much to send Carl out, as I believe he is good enough already as a back up to cover injuries/suspensions. But in my opinion one of either Bove or Turner could really gain some good experience and hopefully confidence from going out to league two/ conference and scoring some goals. Does anyone agree ? Or is anyone else in our squad suited for a short term move ?

And who was the last player we sent out on loan to come back an improved player ? Would it be Dale Stephens ? Or someone more recent ? I can't think of anyone

By all accounts Glenn Belezika had a good spell at Sailsbury sadly then going to a already doomed Hyde and lack of reserve games didn't help him out.

And who was the last player we sent out on loan to come back an improved player ? Would it be Dale Stephens ? Or someone more recent ? I can't think of anyone

To be fair, Dave Mellor looked 5929194819194 times the player he was after coming back from his loan spell at Chorley...

Chris Taylor and Marc Tierney are the only ones that jump out at me for successful loans when considered "a youngster / prospect"

Dale Stephens barely played any games for Rochdale when he went out on loan; and the Southampton loan was a different kettle of fish.

So too the loans for Chris O'Grady and Craig Davies

With talk of sending Winchester out on loan. Who would you think would benefit from this more ? I don't believe it would be beneficial to us too much to send Carl out, as I believe he is good enough already as a back up to cover injuries/suspensions. But in my opinion one of either Bove or Turner could really gain some good experience and hopefully confidence from going out to league two/ conference and scoring some goals. Does anyone agree ? Or is anyone else in our squad suited for a short term move ?

If he's good enough as back up (but not in the immediate first team plans) a loan with a recall clause allows him to get more first team experience, whilst ensuring he can be called upon by Latics if required.

Chris Taylor and Marc Tierney are the only ones that jump out at me for successful loans when considered "a youngster / prospect"

Dale Stephens barely played any games for Rochdale when he went out on loan; and the Southampton loan was a different kettle of fish.

Didnt Trotman go out on loan to a Conference club and was later sold for £500,000?

With how we're shaping up to date; Winchester should be a certain starter let alone back-up allowed to leave on loan...

Agreed - very unimpressed with what I've seen of Jones so far but Winchester and Mellor are having good pre-seasons.

Agreed - very unimpressed with what I've seen of Jones so far but Winchester and Mellor are having good pre-seasons.

Were you at the Melbourne game?..Jones looked very good, perhaps you are confusing him wirh Kelly.

He didn't as far as I can remember.

Debut against Forest, ripped them apart on the right wing. Never looked back.

Pretty sure he went to Barrow, along with another Latics player around about the same time.

The Forest demolition wasn't his debut. I'm sure Taylor's debut was a dead rubber end-of-season game at home to Carlisle or Scunthorpe.

Pretty sure he went to Barrow, along with another Latics player around about the same time.

The Forest demolition wasn't his debut. I'm sure Taylor's debut was a dead rubber end-of-season game at home to Carlisle or Scunthorpe.

Eardleys debut was vs Scunny; in Eyresy's last ever game.

Pretty sure Taylor's debut was Forest as a sub...