The top, the bottom and Latics

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Six: Barnsley, Peterborough, Leyton Orient, Preston, Sheffield and Bristol City

Bottom Four: Crewe, Fleetwood, Walsall and Gillingham

Latics: mid table

Top Six: Sheffield United, Preston, Leyton Orient, Bristol City, Peterborough, Fleetwood.

Bottom 4: Gillingham, Colchester, Chesterfield, Crawley.

Latics: 11th.

Top Six: Barnsley, Peterborough, Leyton Orient, Preston, Sheffield and Bristol City

Bottom Four: Crewe, Fleetwood, Walsall and Gillingham

Latics: mid table

Top six: Sheff U, Preston, Bristol City, Swindon, Mongs, Yeovil

Bootom Four: Crewe, Colchester, Bradford, Dogdale

Top six: Preston, Sheff Utd, Posh, Bristol City, MK, Barnsley.

Bottom four: Crewe, Doncaster, Colchester, Yeovil (although, in light of our transfer activity and Johnson's comments about there being no further permanent signings, I'm struggling to convince myself that Latics shouldn't be in here).

Latics: 20th

The top 6? Sheffield United will romp it IMO, then the others from Bristol City, Preston, Peterborough, Leyton Orient and MK Dons.

Bottom 4? I think unless something drastic happens, Doncaster look doomed already. Add to that Crawley, Crewe and Colchester.

But, hovering around them could well be Us, Bradford, Walsall, Port Vale. Barnsley haven't exactly added well so far either.

Us? As i said on another thread, cant see us bettering last years position, though i could see us not reaching it either. 20th to 16th area...

IMO

Top 6 - Sheff UTD Winners by at least 10 -15 points. Then i think playing budget will determine the rest i don't think there will be alot to choose from about a dozen clubs but i think the same old faces will be there or there abouts - Bristol City, Preston, Peterborough, Leyton Orient, Swindon & MK Dons.

Bottom 4 - Crewe, Crawley, Colchester and Gillingham.

Latics - Hard to say as this year i think take out Sheff UTD there is much of a muchness in this division and a 20 goal a season and a settled defence could be good enough to get us in the top 10 and maybe play offs however with no goalscorer and a few injuries it could see us looking over our shoulder for large parts of the forthcoming season. So anywhere between 9th and 16th.

So, Sheff Utd are going to piss the league yet again? :grin:

I don't see it myself.

They did finish last season well but Clough had Derby looking good at times most seasons but they ultimately never did deliver. Then look at them after they sacked him.

5-1 makes them the shortest lower league favourites but it's still not exactly a short price.

Peterborough look more likely to me, Bacon Face Jr and his chairman know what to do plus they've got a new stand due up aswell for the lift that might bring.

Preston will go up too but probably via the play offs as Grayson seems to prefer that route :grin:

Barnsley might do alright. Danny Wilson was never going to last at Sheff Utd and might do well being allowed to go about his business quietly and with the full backing of their fans. And, again, he knows how to get promoted.
Bristol City will sack Cotterill partway through the season no doubt.

Orient had their chance last season.

I think we'll be solid at the back and in midfield, especially if Dieng proves to be a good player. How we do all hinges on the youngsters upfront.

I think Johnson's logic is that the best chance of getting a real tune out of kids like them is to give them responsibility, have them all vying to be the main man rather than playing second fiddle to an older head who will always be guaranteed a start ahead of them (if fit).

Similar to what he said with James Wilson last season - that he'd always been "the kid" at Bristol City - and look how well he did.

If it goes tits up I reckon there'll be money available to sign that older head again or bring in a loanee.

In our eyes Clarke Harris is probably ahead of where O'Grady was when he left and not too far behind where Craig Davis was when he went.

When was the last time we had two young strikers with potential starting a second season? And Bove, Turner and Gros snapping at their heels too.

Why can't we be this seasons Orient?

Or the season before's Yeovil? Who I also think will do alright again - and there would be a story the media would love were father and son to be battling each other for promotion. Things often pan out when there's such a story.

Rochdale will do alright again under that massive scruff Hill (who I'd have here in a heartbeat when Johnson moves onwards and upwards) :grin:

1 - Peterborough

2 - Oldham

3 - Barnsley

4 - Yeovil

5 - Preston

6 - Rochdale

Edited by HarryBosch

I don't see it myself.

They did finish last season well but Clough had Derby looking good at times most seasons but they ultimately never did deliver. Then look at them after they sacked him.

5-1 makes them the shortest lower league favourites but it's still not exactly a short price.

Peterborough look more likely to me, Bacon Face Jr and his chairman know what to do plus they've got a new stand due up aswell for the lift that might bring.

Preston will go up too but probably via the play offs as Grayson seems to prefer that route :grin:

Barnsley might do alright. Danny Wilson was never going to last at Sheff Utd and might do well being allowed to go about his business quietly and with the full backing of their fans. And, again, he knows how to get promoted.

I think we'll be solid at the back and in midfield, especially if Dieng proves to be a good player. How we do all hinges on the youngsters upfront.

I think Johnson's logic is that the best chance of getting a real tune out of kids like them is to give them responsibility, have them all vying to be the main man rather than playing second fiddle to an older head who will always be guaranteed a start ahead of them (if fit).

Similar to what he said with James Wilson last season - that he'd always been "the kid" at Bristol City - and look how well he did.

If it goes tits up I reckon there'll be money available to sign that older head again or bring in a loanee.

In our eyes Clarke Harris is probably ahead of where O'Grady was when he left and not too far behind where Craig Davis was when he went.

When was the last time we had two young strikers with potential starting a second season? And Bove, Turner and Gros snapping at their heels too.

Or the season before's Yeovil? Who I also think will do alright again - and there would be a story the media would love were father and son to be battling each other for promotion. Things often pan out when there's such a story.

Rochdale will do alright again under that massive scruff Hill (who I'd have here in a heartbeat when Johnson moves onwards and upwards) :grin:

1 - Peterborough

2 - Oldham

3 - Barnsley

4 - Yeovil

5 - Preston

6 - Rochdale

was finding myself agreeing with near enough all of that, then i found your top 6... ?? you're mad, definitely on the wind up ?

was finding myself agreeing with near enough all of that, then i found your top 6... ?? you're mad, definitely on the wind up ?

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility.

I'll have no more wrong than those who've listed the six bookies favourites in various orders.

I don't see it myself.

1 - Peterborough

2 - Oldham

3 - Barnsley

4 - Yeovil

5 - Preston

6 - Rochdale

I don't see it myself.

1 - Peterborough

2 - Oldham

3 - Barnsley

4 - Yeovil

5 - Preston

6 - Rochdale

Jesus,H it's a bit early to be pissed,and a feckin Monday!!! I would have a excuse putting latics second I am on me jollies in valencia,I nearly fell in the sea reading your predictions of tics,the rest was plausible

I'm usually always happy clappy at this stage of the season. In my opinion our defence and midfield are easily top-half standard, if JCH hits form then who knows...

Top Six: Bristol City, MK Dons, PNE, Yeovil, Peterborough and Notts County.

Bottom four: Crewe, Walsall, Crawley and Gillingham.

Latics: 11th.

Hardest league of the lot to predict for me but would be happy to lay Sheff U at the current prices, think MK Dons will go really well and thought Walsall were a big price for relegation and maybe still are.

Happy with our defence, not a clue how the midfield will get on, don't see a lot of goals in the current strikeforce.

Jesus,H it's a bit early to be pissed,and a feckin Monday!!! I would have a excuse putting latics second I am on me jollies in valencia,I nearly fell in the sea reading your predictions of tics,the rest was plausible

I'd have us top if I thought he might give Mellor and Winchester a decent run :grin:

But he won't so second it'll have to be.

Edited by HarryBosch

Preston

Sheffield United

Barnsley

Peterborough

MK Dons

Notts County

Crawley

Crewe

Fleetwood

Coventry

Don't like cursing us by predicting our safety, but surely we'll have enough to finish above that bottom four, plus the likes of Dale, Colchester and Scunthorpe?

Edited by JoeP

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility.

I'll have no more wrong than those who've listed the six bookies favourites in various orders.

suppose so, but i just can't possibly begin to think that all 3 of, us rochdale and yeovil being in the top 6...

Peterborough, Bristol City, Preston, Sheffield United, Orient, MK

Chesterfield, Gillingham, Colchester, Crewe

Latics: 18th

I can't see many teams Latics will finish above. The teams that are usually preceded by 'the likes of', shouldn't be this season, in quite a few cases. Scunthorpe, Fleetwood, Yeovil etc. have quite a bit of backing, more than us. Wouldn't be surprised if Dale finished above us. There's maybe 10 teams I can see scrapping, and we're one of them. If we get a good winger and another striker, or one or two of the current crop have a storming season maybe we could push for top half, but that is very unlikely I think. We're going to need a 'sum of the parts' season to do well.

Edited by NewBlue