The top, the bottom and Latics

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 6: Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Preston (all very likely to be top 3), Leyton Orient, Notts County and Peterborough. Peterborough are there by process of elimination imo. They have a very good squad of players at this level but if Ferguson stays in charge for the whole season then I don't see them in the top 6. He underachieved massively with that squad last year.

Bottom 4: Coventry, Gillingham, Colchester and Crewe.

Latics: I was going to say bottom half but looking at us relative to the rest of the league I'm going to say 12th. I'm confident that we'll keep the goals against column low this season, but I'm also confident that we'll do the same with the goals scored column too. :(

The top 6? Sheffield United will romp it IMO, then the others from Bristol City, Preston, Peterborough, Leyton Orient and MK Dons.

Bottom 4? I think unless something drastic happens, Doncaster look doomed already. Add to that Crawley, Crewe and Colchester.

But, hovering around them could well be Us, Bradford, Walsall, Port Vale. Barnsley haven't exactly added well so far either.

Us? As i said on another thread, cant see us bettering last years position, though i could see us not reaching it either. 20th to 16th area...

Have I missed something major? Why are Donny doomed (other than having PD at the helm) ?

Have I missed something major? Why are Donny doomed (other than having PD at the helm) ?

Ha! Well apart from that, they have had a failed takeover, have zero money and have lost a lot of the players they had last season (granted who got them relegated)

They've just signed Nathon Tyson today mind, but are looking like selling one of their other young players too.

Seasoned players like Brian Stock, James Coppinger, Ross Turnbull, Gabriel Tamas, Chris Brown and Richie Wellens have left....and its left a squad thats filled right now with kids.

They dont look in a good way...

Not getting the Notts County love in, all their best players gone.

Very good point actually, they've made some pretty shrewd additions and Derry strikes me as the type of manager who can get a team being more than the sum of the parts, but I didn't realise at 1st look just how many of the better players from last year they lost. I still think they'll be top half though.

The playoff places really are up for grabs outside of the top 3!

Ha! Well apart from that, they have had a failed takeover, have zero money and have lost a lot of the players they had last season (granted who got them relegated)

They've just signed Nathon Tyson today mind, but are looking like selling one of their other young players too.

Seasoned players like Brian Stock, James Coppinger, Ross Turnbull, Gabriel Tamas, Chris Brown and Richie Wellens have left....and its left a squad thats filled right now with kids.

They dont look in a good way...

Brian Stock left two years ago (!)

top - preston, peterborough, sheff u, mk dons

bottom - crawley, crewe, colchester, chesterfield

would love to say jch scores the goals and latics do an orient this yr and finish top half but realistically

latics - 18th bad start as team get to know each other and we have no reg scorer. good xmas and new year start to show promise, gel as team and move up to half way, best players get sniff of move and form fades, poor players get agents to look for clubs next year and loose interest, form drops and we fall to lower middle/just above bottom. lj left with about 5/6 regulars for next year and we have to recruit again

ohh and ill hold this post and use it again this time next year

Sheff utd

Fleetwood

Preston

Bristol city

Peterborough

Franchise

Latics-8th

Crewe

Gillingham

Colchester

Doncaster

Fact!!! From my inside source.

I like your Fleetwood idea.

A team does come right through the leagues every now and again.

This would be a far more interesting thread if some of these fav backers thought outside of the box like me and you

Edited by HarryBosch

Interim Analysis of the thread after 20 members have made their selections:

Teams with 1 or more Top 6 nominations:- 16

Teams with 1 or more Bottom 4 nominations:- 14

Teams with 1 or more nominations in both Top 6 and Bottom 4:- 6 (Chesterfield, Fleetwood, Notts County & Yeovil, Rochdale & Walsall)

Teams with most Top 6 nominations:-

Preston

Sheffield U

Peterborough

Bristol City

MK Dons

Leyton Orient

Teams with most Bottom 4 nominations:

Crewe

Colchester

Gillingham

Crawley

Latics averaged out position: 12th

Edited by TheBigDog

Yeah was shocked when someone earlier in thread tipped them to go down. I really don't see them struggling tbf. Maybe my prediction of auto is a bit far fetched , but with this league you just don't know and it wouldn't even surprise me to see someone like Colchester (who many seem to be predicting for a tough season myself included )do well. Let's just hope it's us out of the perennial strugglers to surprise a few.

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

A few people suggesting Coventry will struggle. They don't have a points deduction again do they. ? And aren't they going back to the Ricoh ? Don't see them as relegation fodder myself nor do I think they will be troubling the playoff places.

So who is everyone's dark horses for this season ? And why ?

I think the Coventry thing is to do with goals. They've lost Leon Clarke and now the young lad Wilson.

Whilst they've added some very decent players in the likes of Reda Johnson etc, they look as goal shy as we do...