18 - Adam Lockwood
20 - Brian Wilson
21 - Genseric Kusunga
22 - William Gros
23 - Rhys Turner
27 - Amari Morgan-Smith
28 - Jack Truelove
29 - Jordan Bove

Surprised that Kusunga hasn't taken the No 5 shirt and J Wilson the No 6. Perhaps I am just to much a traditionalist.

Interesting that the number 9 and 11 shirt not been taken yet gives us all hope that there is a bit of money left for that marque signing. I am sure we will be very underwhelmed though.

Squad numbers means nothing these days apart from #9 as the main striker and #10 as the hmmm

Would love us still to pull a major surprise out the bag with our #9 for next season with Forte taking #11.

Still remember though Stitch having #8 though and Eyresy #28... two of my lottery numbers

Edited by Midsblue

No warren feeney took it on

And Rodgers last season. Our list of number 17s since Vernon:

Dabo

The Wolf

Parker K

Feeney

Parker J

Murray

Rodgers

Think it's time we 'retired' the number, in fact I think it was time we retired the number a few seasons ago.

Edited by rudemedic

I can understand 5, 9 and 11 being omitted if we're looking for a defender, striker and winger as some players are obsessed with shirt numbers.

However, why are 17, 19, 24, 25 and 26 overlooked? Once you've filled your first 11 then I would have thought you just handed out numbers consecutively unless a player has a preference for a certain number.

We need to break the hoodoo of 17... give it to Forte

And Rodgers last season. Our list of number 17s since Vernon:

Dabo

The Wolf

Parker K

Feeney

Parker J

Murray

Rodgers

Think it's time we 'retired' the number, in fact I think it was time we retired the number a few seasons ago.

We should retire 1 to 27 on the back of the last 20 or so years

Maybe he's told Clarke Harris, Turner, Bove and Gros that they can have the number 9 shirt next season if they earn it.

I hope so.

i like it.. hope this is the reason now, having said that - wouldn't mind if he's also keeping it spare for when clarke signs

i like it.. hope this is the reason now, having said that - wouldn't mind if he's also keeping it spare for when clarke signs

Clarke has been in good form pre-season, he will without doubt be starting the season at Wolves.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Kusunga being moved from 5 to 21 suggests he's far from a first choice centre back next season. As has already been said, squad numbers in general mean next to nothing these days but when movements are made, it's usually down (ala Philliskirk) not upwards

Kusunga was No21 at Basel - so it must be a simple as his 'lucky' playing number - no conspiracy

I wouldn't overthink the first XI wearing 1-11. Wilson and Lockwood are likely to be one or two of the first XI and have kept their numbers from last year. And I'd be slightly surprised if Philliskirk (10) was a more regular starter than JCH (14).