The worse kit launch in history

£39? Sondico are selling the exact same shirt minus OAFC badge and Sports Direct transfer in their Sunday league range for £10-£17.

It's the exact same shirt design and colours.

Apparently Sondico were claiming that our shirt designs were to be bespoke to Oldham Athletic yet it's an old Sunday league range with the badges added.

I won't buy but this is surely a rip off? At least Carbrini, FILA and even Sparta produced a unique design every release!

http://store.sondicoprofessional.com/training-t-1/sondico-madrid-s-pro-t-shirt and select Luminous Yellow/Black on the drop down menu. They haven't even bothered to give us 'bespoke' colours... Edited by Ryan

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really blame the club but it's deceiving for Sondico to market it as 'bespoke' as we're not even the only professional club with the design:http://www.gateshead-fc.com/content/Image/action/2013-2014/Wrexham_3-2_Gateshead-James_Curtis.jpg

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/shop/image/cache/data/product/sondico/Third_Shirt_2013-2014-500x500.png

Edited by Ryan

Is there a reason our shirts are more expensive than Gatesheads being they are a generic shirt ? As for £20 for the shorts, they are in fact a generic short which can be purchased for the grand old price of £4 minus a badge I dont like anyway, so whose having our pants down the club or Ashley ? Its no wonder we are a club whose fans fall by the wayside when time after time we have the piss took out of us.

So when do we get to see the home one? Next week? The week after? Are we in that kit so we don't clash with anyone and can play in it at home til the other turns up just before Liverpool at home in the FA Cup 3rd round?

Edited by pukka

So when do we get to see the home one? Next week? The week after? Are we in that kit so we don't clash with anyone and can play in it at home til the other turns up just before Liverpool at home in the FA Cup 3rd round?

The home kit is revealed on Thursday with the fans able to buy it at the end of August.

Is there a reason our shirts are more expensive than Gatesheads being they are a generic shirt ? As for £20 for the shorts, they are in fact a generic short which can be purchased for the grand old price of £4 minus a badge I dont like anyway, so whose having our pants down the club or Ashley ? Its no wonder we are a club whose fans fall by the wayside when time after time we have the piss took out of us.

As far as I am aware the club don't set the prices. At league one level £40 is the 'going rate'... Some Premier League clubs charge up to £65. Edited by Ryan

As far as I am aware the club don't set the prices. At league one level £40 is the 'going rate'... Some Premier League clubs charge up to £65.

I agree £40 may be the going rate its what Preston fans are paying for their new bespoke Nike one, have you seen the difference in quality, ours is shocking compared to theirs.

If your not going to buy one, NOBODY is having your trousers down are they?. Fans fall by the wayside because we dont win enough football matches. NOT because of the colour or quality of our shirts. If we won every game by 5-0 it wouldn't matter if we played in turd brown, people would come pouring down Sheepfoot lane, just like they used to do when we had a great team.

"Bespoke colours" ? :laught16: It's just a bloody football shirt.

my point is they shouldn't be allowed to advertise such a thing. And before you ask, no, I don't expect them to come out and say "it's a rushed design off a Sunday League template." They've marketed this as some kind of individual shirt, which it isn't.

my point is they shouldn't be allowed to advertise such a thing. And before you ask, no, I don't expect them to come out and say "it's a rushed design off a Sunday League template." They've marketed this as some kind of individual shirt, which it isn't.

No, It's just a football shirt.

Exactly - 'it's just a football shirt' - one of the standard Sondico range with a Latics badge added - so Ryan makes a valid point methinks. Putting that aside...

The luminous yellow/black is a crap option

The club could have chosen a better design

I'm out.

As for the home shirt - let's hope it's not a luminous blue...

Edited by TheBigDog

As I said above, it is bespoke as long as our badge appears on the shirt. Unique it is not.

Ok, I'll get a little picky with the word bespoke:

Bespoke is an adjective for anything commissioned to a particular specification. "Custom-made", "made to order", "made to measure" and sometimes "hand-made" are near-synonyms. "Off-the-shelf" and in clothing "ready-to-wear" are the opposites. Modding is a slang related term, mostly used to refer to personalization after manufacture.