Lockwood out for 5/8 weeks

Bad news for the team and for our club captain.

According to the Chron there will be a ex premiership defender coming in on trial hopefully for the Udders game.

Any Ideas who this could be?

It actually says a defender with premiership experience which is slightly different.

According to the Chron there will be a ex premiership defender coming in on trial hopefully for the Udders game.

George Elokobi training with Latics at the moment.

Crystal Ball moment i know and all that, but didn't we have a cracking free agent CB on trial?

Seem to think we did.

I wonder if his deal at Scunny has a buy our clause we could activate?[/quote

He didn't fit in with the squad...if he did I reckon he'd have took the deal!

Left back isn't he? But assume he can play at centre back. Had horrendous injury problems over the last 5 years.

Big, big unit of a player.

Will make Willy Gros look like Carl Winchester!!!

Left back though, only fills in at CB if ever needed.

Horrendous injury record, and my mates a Forest ST holder. I remember him saying he was happy when he signed on loan due to his pedigree with Wolves, but then saying after he'd played games for them that he's got about as much footballing ability as his nan or words to that effect.

Big, strong, vocal powerful bloke but a poor technical player. So; Lockwood mark 2 but younger then...

Disappointing for the squad, but feel that we are a better XI with Wilson and Kusunga.

Despite being impressive in the last 10 games, I feel he suited the backs against the wall style of play and due to Korey's exemplary displays in front of the back four combined with Wilson's reading of the game he rarely became exposed to direct pace. If we play with a more attacking mentality (even just slightly) I think Locky would struggle against strikers in league one. He is also all hands and arms in both boxes and is a walking booking or worse (could have given away penalties on various occasions).

Dieng can slot easily into a back 2 or hopefully back 3, and as a result I only saw Lockwood as our 3/4th choice centre half this season.

We don't need injuries to any player during pre-season, but if I could sacrifice anyone it would probably be Lockwood.

Richards :-))