Away shirt

Anyone else had any issues with the new away shirt ,worn mine for the first time yesterday and it has about half a dozen pulls in it and all the switching is coming loose near the bottom.Sports direct are a fecking nightmare when trying to return stuff but after only wearing this shirt for a couple of hours it's looks a right mess.

I heard last night on the terraces about 50 fans have returned them because of the snagging.

I know of three were returning them after they worn them for the first time at the Huddersfield game, same issue snagging especially if you have say Velcro on your coat it's just a quick brush against it and it's pulled to buggery.

Not the best quality I have seen, and not many on show at last nights game either, granted maybe they were under the coats of some folk but I saw many other previous versions of the our shirts on display but can hardly remember the new yellow one.

Take it back as it's not fit for purpose, quote consumer protection act and maybe trades description act too.

Surely the club must have got wind of the issue of the shirts by now

I still play 5 a side in my Bovis shirt from 1990, it's been worn and washed many hundreds of times and is still going strong, the main distress is on the fold of the collar. Why the hell are Sondico using a fabric that is clearly not fit for purpose?

I still play 5 a side in my Bovis shirt from 1990, it's been worn and washed many hundreds of times and is still going strong, the main distress is on the fold of the collar. Why the hell are Sondico using a fabric that is clearly not fit for purpose?

So they can maximise their profit margins on it. Like has been posted, it was a few quid shirt with a badge badly sewn on.

Shame really.

Thanks for the advise Underdog manage to get a refund and even the girl at Sports Direct said the shirt was of poor quality.Never had a shirt that has been so poor and I hope the home shirt is a better quality material but I don't hold out at much hope.These away shirts sold not even be on sale as there is a major problem with the fabric used.

Because more will put up with them than complain.

I was wearing this for my lunchtime 5-a-side today - a far better investment.

0007884_oldham-athletic-1985-1987-retro-

Did you get that recently Stevie? Where did you get it from - collecter, or one of the retro shirt shops online? Ive seen a few fans with that shirt at away trips, and I'd love to get hold of one.

I half remember you mentioning you were after one in a recent thread, so apologies if youve posted this info already.

Did you get that recently Stevie? Where did you get it from - collecter, or one of the retro shirt shops online? Ive seen a few fans with that shirt at away trips, and I'd love to get hold of one.

I half remember you mentioning you were after one in a recent thread, so apologies if youve posted this info already.

Toffs.com.

I got the 84-85 shirt too. They're really impressive quality.

I'm proud to say that my Littlewoods cup final shirt is still going strong, even the poppers on the collar work and better still...I can still get in it and no it wasn't xxxl....tut.

Don't make things to last anymore, but wearing it for one day..ye gods that is piss poor

Toffs.com.

I got the 84-85 shirt too. They're really impressive quality.

Thanks muchly, will head over and get one of those badboys ordered. Wearing a shirt from the season I was born - such a bloody hipster!

2.5% to PlayerShare if you buy via the WebShop.http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/laticsplayershare

Duly noted ;-)

I too own this shirt. And this will be my shirt of choice for this season. Along with my Bovis one if I can still fit in it!!

I got mine from toffs. Super quality

Edited by Chris Richard

So they can maximise their profit margins on it. Like has been posted, it was a few quid shirt with a badge badly sewn on.

Shame really.

Extreme short termism. Fans will return them if they are as bad as described, and how many other Sondico products are they likely to purchase? I for one won't be stumping up for my lad to have either shirt.

Extreme short termism. Fans will return them if they are as bad as described, and how many other Sondico products are they likely to purchase? I for one won't be stumping up for my lad to have either shirt.

I agree, although the home shirt looks slightly better.

I'm hoping that this years kits are bad because they had to be rushed, next seasons will hopefully be better quality - Portsmouths kits look 10x the quality that ours do.

I will be waiting for reviews on the quality of the home shirt before i get my lad it but it's not just Sondico is it? the fila ones were just as crap quality (peeling iron on F's) just got myself retro 1950s replica one from toffs in sale for £22 delivered hopefully that will survive a few more washes than these crappy modern football tops

I will be waiting for reviews on the quality of the home shirt before i get my lad it but it's not just Sondico is it? the fila ones were just as crap quality (peeling iron on F's) just got myself retro 1950s replica one from toffs in sale for £22 delivered hopefully that will survive a few more washes than these crappy modern football tops

A good few years ago now I bought the long sleeve 1970's tops from Toffs, the tangerine one went baggy and out of shape (like my wife) but the blue (Vic Halom) one is still going strong (like me).