B. Wilson v C. Brown

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have at right back?

• Connor Brown
    • Brian Wilson

I missed Saturdays game but after last nights performance I don't understand how Brian Wilson is ahead of Conner Brown.

I don't care about where he has played and for how long, we are a selling club, Connor Brown is an asset and has future sale potential and more importantly was part of a 10 game unbeaten run at which time our defence was rock solid. BW has no resale value, lacks pace and an attacking instinct.

For me Mills and Brown offer so much more and gives us true balance.

Not seen enough of B. Wilson yet, but there's promise from the goals he's had a hand in so far.

I also really like C. Brown but for me his attacking position is a shambles. If a CB has the ball he drops back in line to receive the ball, rather than be 10 yards up the pitch. I want forward, angled balls to the full backs - especially in 3-5-2, not sideways boringboringboring

Everyone needs to step up and show some guts. I don't care if we lose (I'd rather not) but I want to see some real heart if we're supposed to be attacking/even trying to win

Wilson made good forward runs, but not with the pace of a wing back. He was struggling to get back and couldn't cover a counter.

Thought Mills was well off his game last night, tackling and passing. The number of times he put it out of play was unbelievable. Connor Brown was worse though! Albeit he only got 15 mins at 3-0 down.

Starting formation screwed us up last night. LJ knows it.

I've watched Wilson twice against Hudds and Colchester as I couldn't go last night......2 assists and didn't do too much wrong so I don't understand this at all?

At least we know who the boo boys favourite will be this year!

Didn't do anything wrong. He just isn't a wing-back.

That's how I see it anyway.

I've watched Wilson twice against Hudds and Colchester as I couldn't go last night......2 assists and didn't do too much wrong so I don't understand this at all?

At least we know who the boo boys favourite will be this year!

To be fair, there's decent competition for that from the looks of it!!!

Why a poll involving Wilson he has been one of our more consistent performers, Brown is a good defender but has little ability as a forward player, Wilson will be first choice right back this season he is an all round better player and will be a real asset my worry is Mills he has been poor since he has returned he will be very lucky to start Saturday and we may well see Elokobi in his favoured left back role, the performance at left back last night was shocking and he was lucky to reappear for the second half.

I missed Saturdays game but after last nights performance I don't understand how Brian Wilson is ahead of Conner Brown.

I don't care about where he has played and for how long, we are a selling club, Connor Brown is an asset and has future sale potential and more importantly was part of a 10 game unbeaten run at which time our defence was rock solid. BW has no resale value, lacks pace and an attacking instinct.

For me Mills and Brown offer so much more and gives us true balance.

So you have seen Wilson play one competitive game against a top half championship side that gave a good beating in all departments.

Our manager has now tried to replace Connor Brown 3 times, maybe more. What does this tell you?

He coaches him on a daily basis but keeps looking elsewhere. He has improved I will admit but I don't think that's anything special because at one point my dead gran could have put a cross in if he was marking her.

How much do you actually think he is worth? What resale value are you talking about? How much more do you think he will improve?

I predicted last season he would be replaced and not start the season and it worries me that people are surprised.

Here is another prediction. When Connor Brown leaves Oldham it will not be for any money. We will either release him or he will step down a level for more money as we pay :censored: all.

Having said that I hope he can proove me wrong.

It's always Eardley.

Unless it was Taylor.

Then it's always Taylor.

Unless it's Mark Bonner, then its him. Or Eardley.

We'll settle with Eardley...

This season it will be Jonson Clarke Harris like Eardley he has been linked with a move to a bigger club so unless he's free scoring he will be seen as a disinterested piece of :censored: and we should sell. Edited by GlossopLatic

So you have seen Wilson play one competitive game against a top half championship side that gave a good beating in all departments.

Our manager has now tried to replace Connor Brown 3 times, maybe more. What does this tell you?

He coaches him on a daily basis but keeps looking elsewhere. He has improved I will admit but I don't think that's anything special because at one point my dead gran could have put a cross in if he was marking her.

How much do you actually think he is worth? What resale value are you talking about? How much more do you think he will improve?

I predicted last season he would be replaced and not start the season and it worries me that people are surprised.

Here is another prediction. When Connor Brown leaves Oldham it will not be for any money. We will either release him or he will step down a level for more money as we pay :censored: all.

Having said that I hope he can proove me wrong.

Personally I prefer Brown to B Wilson, no matter how many times he's dropped he always comes back and plays with enthusiasm, I have noticed this is infectious and drives the team on, something I don't see from B Wilson.

If B Wilson ups his game fair enough, but if not he can't be selected to start purely because he's a new signing.

He made a goal at Colchester and was involved in an overall poor performance last night.ffs its not like Oldham fans to judge right away is it?

Connor Brown has not once forced his way back into the team. Manzoni left and Kasunga was either injured or suspended.

But he's enthusiastic lol so go ahead drop the new lad because a championship team got the better of us.

and If he has anything infectious its probably from hanging around with some of the ex Sheff Utd boys...

Edited by palmer1