B. Wilson v C. Brown

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have at right back?

• Connor Brown
    • Brian Wilson

totally agree with BP1960 though, Connor brown without doubt will give 100%, wants to win every single game no matter what and is actually a bit of a leader on the pitch (albeit a very small one) we're missing a leader atm!

he's also guaranteed to make that one big tackle that gets the crowd going... ive always liked brown but the form he was in last 10 games of last season he should have started this season!

Being enthusiastic and working hard are not reason enough to pick a player. On that logic I'm in for a first team berth.

How are we missing a leader? A good solid point at a tough away ground.

Using the examples of Colchester's first goal and Middlesbrough's second goal I'd suggest there are issues of ownership at the back.

Edited by opinions4u

People keep saying he deserves to play because he played well at the end of last season. Surely to god the whole :censored:ing point of pre season is to play the whole squad and whoever plays best starts the season. Wilson played best and started

Don't try to fix something that ain't broken. Brown has constantly improved in his time with us so far and was part of a defence at the back of last season that looked to be one of the most solid defences we've had for years. B.Wilson is a decent player, just prefer Brown at RB currently.

Not constantly. Only since LJ arrived and he keeps trying to replace him....

Out of interest.

Theoretically ,If Lanzoni, Kasunga and Brown had all signed long term deals at Latics. All stayed fit and free from suspension who would people have picked at right back

Not constantly. Only since LJ arrived and he keeps trying to replace him....

Out of interest.

Theoretically ,If Lanzoni, Kasunga and Brown had all signed long term deals at Latics. All stayed fit and free from suspension who would people have picked at right back

Compare him to when he started and now, he's improved each season.

Thats not the question though, the question is B.Wilson or Brown.

Based on one league appearance of Wilson in which he made a goak and the 3 years Brown has been here I say wait and see......

Out of interest did Wilson equal the amount of assists that Brown has? (Peterborough last season) can't remember another if someone could correct me?

we get it Palmer1 you don't like Connor brown... none of us have said get rid of Wilson? He hasn't played enough to judge him and yes looks a good player, i personally didn't see why we needed to change the defence at all though! But now it has been changed, fair enough we wait to see if Wilson comes good and hopefully he does

So you have seen Wilson play one competitive game against a top half championship side that gave a good beating in all departments.

Our manager has now tried to replace Connor Brown 3 times, maybe more. What does this tell you?

He coaches him on a daily basis but keeps looking elsewhere. He has improved I will admit but I don't think that's anything special because at one point my dead gran could have put a cross in if he was marking her.

How much do you actually think he is worth? What resale value are you talking about? How much more do you think he will improve?

I predicted last season he would be replaced and not start the season and it worries me that people are surprised.

Here is another prediction. When Connor Brown leaves Oldham it will not be for any money. We will either release him or he will step down a level for more money as we pay :censored: all.

Having said that I hope he can proove me wrong.

Our Manager has offered Connor Brown 2 new contracts, if not 3. Seem to remember offering him a new deal and then offering him another because he felt his contract was to low and then offered him another in the summer!!

Brown in. Not his best game today, but at least he showed forward intent. He was a key part of a solid defence that now looks like a colander. He is young and improved dramatically last term. When LJ eventually decides on a system and a plan, rather than the current crammed midfield and no outlet tactic, we may see the best out of either player but at the moment and based on the early showing its Connor for me.