Tin pot cup

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of cups I was joking when saying god help the Latics if they met Droylsden in the F.A Cup, after Droylsden scored 7 away from home today I might not be wrong.

Edited by BP1960

On the subject of cups I was joking when saying god help the Latics if they met Droylsden in the F.A Cup, after Droylsden scored 7 away from home today I might not be wrong.

Mate of mine plays for them. He says their spending quite a bit of money (for that level) in terms of paying players...

Mate of mine plays for them. He says their spending quite a bit of money (for that level) in terms of paying players...

They have and play 4-3-3 passing game (hoofball is frowned upon),only the centre backs defend, they might let one or two in this season, but will score 5 or more in most games.

It's a pity the Latics haven't a goal poacher like Kilheeney.

Mind you Salford are paying far more, some League One players aren't on as much I understand.

Who is your mate btw? I bet he can pass a ball.

Edited by BP1960

I enjoy seeing us win real games.

This is a pointless competition and we should withdraw. Surely other lower league clubs would be with us?

Unfortunately we are not allowed to withdraw it's mandatory. Teams started playing reserves and youth players, so they made it a rule that, I think at least 7 of the team had to have featured in recent matches. Players get booked, sent off and injured in these unnecessary games. Let alone the extra tiredness created.

Game is 2 Sept - tenner in. I really like this competition.

According to Fishal:

All areas of the ground will be unreserved seating, although if fans wish to sit in their usual season ticket seat then they should bring their season ticket book with them on the night.

All areas of the ground are unreserved, but some are more unreserved than others.

I don't know why people moan about this comp.

It is Latics only realistic chance of ever getting to Wembley again.

Progressing in the comp produces that feel good factor especially around Jan when there is nothing else left but a relegation dog fight.

The whole club and supporters have been in the doldrums for far too long , we desperately need something like a Wembley visit to cheers everybody up.

The past few years have been dire except for the odd cup game.

Come on Latics , win this poxy cup !!!!!!!!!