not upto it

Absolute :censored:tte......4-1-4-1 formation at home will never work ! Midfield outnumbered and sat to deep.

Let the defenders do the defending and have the midfielders 20 yards further forward and have two up top !!!!!

Its not rocket science.........we are the home side and should be on the front foot attacking

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second half subs were bizarre.

How Kelly managed to stay on ahead of the comfortable Dieng and Jones who retained the ball well, I don't know.

Putting our best midfielder on the ball out on the left was just embarrassing.

Mills is wank - end off nobody can argue that, like he has been all pre season, my worry is we have a manager who cant pick out a donkey him and Brown are lucky to have pro contracts they arnt even footballers that today was the pits get a grip LJ its a :censored:in shambles.

First 30 mins or so not bad, Forte has pace to burn which will always cause problems for any league one defence and a cool finish from him for the goal.

The Orient goal stemmed from Connor Brown thinking he was Lionel Messi but they caused very few problems for us.

Dieng looked calm in possession, albeit his mandate seemed to be to pass along the defensive line rather than look forward.

Jones and Kelly whilst as others have mentioned are nowhere near as effective as Wes and Korey, were ok

Then came half time, what kind of motivational :censored:e LJ spouts for 10 mins i don't know but from the restart we were pathetic.

One team, one dream ? jesus christ !! Johnson has got to be dreaming if he thinks people are going to shell out week in week out to watch that rubbish.

forget the formations and all the rest of the tactical bull:censored:, concentrate on having defenders defending, midfielders winning the ball and forwards creating scoring positions and having a crack, simple isn't it !

Mills is wank - end off nobody can argue that, like he has been all pre season, my worry is we have a manager who cant pick out a donkey him and Brown are lucky to have pro contracts they arnt even footballers that today was the pits get a grip LJ its a :censored:in shambles.

Brown played well today.

First 30 mins or so not bad, Forte has pace to burn which will always cause problems for any league one defence and a cool finish from him for the goal.

The Orient goal stemmed from Connor Brown thinking he was Lionel Messi but they caused very few problems for us.

Dieng looked calm in possession, albeit his mandate seemed to be to pass along the defensive line rather than look forward.

Jones and Kelly whilst as others have mentioned are nowhere near as effective as Wes and Korey, were ok

Then came half time, what kind of motivational :censored:e LJ spouts for 10 mins i don't know but from the restart we were pathetic.

One team, one dream ? jesus christ !! Johnson has got to be dreaming if he thinks people are going to shell out week in week out to watch that rubbish.

forget the formations and all the rest of the tactical bull:censored:, concentrate on having defenders defending, midfielders winning the ball and forwards creating scoring positions and having a crack, simple isn't it !

This and more of this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Winchester should of come central and kelly or jones off. Winchester was magical first half but faded with the rest of them. Nowhere near fit enough.

Rachubka at fault with brown for their first. We should of killed the game off first half though.

Winchester should of come central and kelly or jones off. Winchester was magical first half but faded with the rest of them. Nowhere near fit enough.

Rachubka at fault with brown for their first. We should of killed the game off first half though.

I do wonder if we can chalk all three down to Rachubka (albeit with others at fault too).

Like I said Dieng, Jones and Winchester were excellent first half. Dieng coming for the ball off the keeper and starting the play works very well. You could probably just drop him in to the back four to be honest and play Winchester and Jones. But will LJ drop his mate Kelly?

And OWTB explodes.

No mention of the link work between Mills and Forte in the first half, no mention of the tight passing between Winchester, Kelly and Brown. No mention of Gorgeous George's comfort on the ball with Henderson breathing down his neck. No mention of the excellent crosses by Mills, JCH and Forte during the first half.

The second half was :censored:e, but Orient did the job. They were man marking Forte out of the game.

Two concerns for me today, Rachubka and JCH. The first seemed to flap and I think he could have done a little better for their first even though Brown did him up like a kipper. The second looked moody, uninterested and unprofessional.

I wonder if Forte is that number 9 we are missing.

Racbubka has made one save in three games cost us 3 points at Colchester and did nothing today.

Do you always double post?

I see the preseason positivity of the 'athleticos' has quickly dissolved into silence in the stands and negativity on here.

The players are not being helped by Johnson. Lets start at the back. Elokobi is a left back playing centre half. Mills strength was always going forward, he can't do that in this formation. Midfield - Winchester was effective in the first half from the middle of the park he isn't a winger. Jones looked half decent, kelly is very defence minded and cant pass to his own team mates he has been coupled with Dieng who is a centre half being told to play as a second defensive midfielder at home FFS. Clarke-Harris being asked to play up front on his own in a team where there is no support from the central midfield as the central midfielders are holding defensive players doesn't and never will work. Forte gets away with being isolated due to his pace but his only option is to beat everyone in front of him as again there is no support from the full back or central midfielders. Johnson needs to shoulder alot of the blame. Play players in positions they are used to and tactics that actually suit the way the team has been set up.

Edited by oafc1000

IDo you always double post?

I see the preseason positivity of the 'athleticos' has quickly dissolved into silence in the stands and negativity on here.

We kept singin for 90 shame the players cant put the same shift in !! Edited by athleticosOA95

Was I watching a different game? Individual errors cost us the game. Connor brown had a shocker!

First half we where miles better than orient. Second half their pressing forced us into long ball and they targeted brown and it payed dividends.

Noble looked :censored:e, Connor brown was crap as was jch and I expected more from elakobi but the rest where by no means :censored:!

Joe mills had no options the whole game. Admittedly his end product was gash today when he got into a crossing position.

Kelly looked to get in the box and was steady, Jones looked like a battler and diengs range of passing was outstanding. Carl winchester lightweight!? Ha!

We where by no means world beater but definitely not :censored:!