Liam Kelly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see it - how kelly can be singled out as being soley responsible for that performance..as a team (apart from the goal) we don't move the ball forwards quickly enough - everytime there is an opportunity - the ball is sent square or back - possession is great as long as there is an end product , sadly we havent seen enough of that yet. Today orient regrouped second half - closed us down quicker making our 'passing' game hurried and littered with mistakes - dieng who does look composed made bad decisions under pressure,jones who looked busy enough couldnt find a forward pass(not enough movement up front) winchester couldnt seem to get into the game ,kelly tried to keep the ball moving but orients 'game management' saw the frustration build and it played right into their hands.

Overall a professional away performance by orient - if i watched latics play like they did,that would do me.

Agree shocking captain worst ive seen in 30 years

Yes I can what exactly is he bringing to the team then ?

There is no way you've been watching latics for thirty years.

And if you have, singing with a bunch of middle teen boys has set my Jimmy Saville alarm ringing.

Really and who the :censored: are you if you wanna start callin me a nonce youd better do it to my face you fanny.

Really?

Yes really are you gonna have someone talk like that about you then ?

Why dont you shut the :censored: up and calm down.

:popcorn1: Think one poster may have had a bit too much ale

Far, far too early to call it yet.

He looks, so far, way off the pace and his touch has been poor, so too his passing. Right now, he doesnt look worthy of a starting spot let alone the captaincy; he's been :censored:e.

BUT - as others have thankfully said, he's missed so much football and i'm clinging to the hope as his match fitness & sharpness returns; so too does his footballing ability. He's going to have to do that though in the engine room of 1st team football. It could be December before we see the real Liam Kelly stand up?

Unfortunately, the replacement for a way off full fitness Kelly would be the reportedly even more way off full fitness Noble?

Unfortunately, the replacement for a way off full fitness Kelly would be the reportedly even more way off full fitness Noble?

I'd take Kelly and Elokobi out based on today, Dieng in to CB and play Jones and Winchester in the centre with Dayton on the wing and two up front.

I'd take Kelly and Elokobi out based on today, Dieng in to CB and play Jones and Winchester in the centre with Dayton on the wing and two up front.

agree with that, but i might have put elokobi left back for mills... mills doesn't deserve to start

I say we drop at least 3 players every game

Then in a few weeks time we can all blame LJ for a total lack of continuity.

They only complained about lack of continuity when we were playing well but not getting results. Changes are needed after today. Edited by Ryan

Aw. I've missed grown men/adolescents waving their cocks at each other on the Internet. It's good to have the football back.

Kelly's been very quiet. He's not the only one. Hopefully he'll improve. We've had 2 league games. Let's not write anyone off yet, yeah?

If we move Forte up front after he's been so impressive and scored 3 goals in 2 games playing out wide I am NEVER going again.

Forte needs to be out wide to have the space to outpace players and cut in...up top he wouldn't get that freedom and would be less effective

He's impressed then as soon as the opposition has realised he's our biggest (only) threat he's been closed out of the game and double'd up on.

That won't happen up front - he is a striker, not a winger - hence his positioning for his second goal at Colchester, he knew where to be.

him upfront with JCH will cause problems, JCH isn't good enough to be on his own up front and is clearly struggling. With a strike partner especially someone with experience like Forte he will be much more comfortable.

Yes Forte has looked awesome on the wing, but I think the team as a whole would benefit more with him upfront and 2 strikers, not one.

For me JCH will not improve very much he's excellent at times but absolutely dire in others. He's a big lad and I can't understand why he can't hold the ball up for more than 5 seconds, as LJ said on player he spends more time on his arse than up with play. I can't see any improvement in his play from when he first arrived and if a bid comes in before the window I would definitely get shut, there's a world of difference between doing the business in a meaningless friendly and thje bread and butter of a league game. I don't think it makes much difference whether he plays as a lone striker or as a pair what you see is what you get.

LJ says on player we need 2 or 3 more players....so much for a smaller squad with a bit more quality. I would certainly like to see a dominant No.9 brought in and a midfield playmaker....Clarke and Wellens as an example would be perfect. We can't afford them I hear you say......if we hadn't brought in so many cheap, limited, and unfit players perhaps we could have.