Saturdays subs

For me the subs proved Johnsons lack of experience & ability as a manager. 2-1 down, finally brings on an AMC/Striker in Philiskirk for the pointless Dieng. Then, with just 10 minutes left he miraculously brings off Winchester (who was our best performer) for Dayton who should have been on earlier, and takes off our main striker JCH for another midfielder David Noble, who was 5 yards off pace after being injured all pre season, hardly trained and not had any match action when hes got Willy Gros on the bench. 2-1 down at home and we go with Philiskirk up top on his own. Cheers for promising us goals at home Lee!

And if that performance is whats expected all season then I wont be paying many more extortionate £22 entry fees.

Pointless Dieng? I thought he did quite well on Saturday, as did Jones (first half), kelly is clearly not fit but had an ACL injury all last season. Mills was dreadful (second half) and should have been replaced, brown was average, Elekobi was a liability and JCH was extremely lazy and soft. Winny and Forte looked very good first half and I thought PR had a hand in gifting them all three goals.

Pointless Dieng? I thought he did quite well on Saturday, as did Jones (first half), kelly is clearly not fit but had an ACL injury all last season. Mills was dreadful (second half) and should have been replaced, brown was average, Elekobi was a liability and JCH was extremely lazy and soft. Winny and Forte looked very good first half and I thought PR had a hand in gifting them all three goals.

Defensive midfielder at home? Thats why he was pointless, didnt stop any goals, didnt create anythign, what was his purpose? Add to that the majority of passes he actually made to a blue shirt were to a man under pressure, I thought he should never have started in the role he was in.

He received the ball at feet, more so first half and help get an attack going, that's what you need, dieng wasn't to blame for any of their three goals, one was a ball way over his head where the defense were nowhere to be seen, the second was a striker cutting in from their left played the ball across to the right and a pathetic effort from our left back and goalkeeper and the third he wasn't on the pitch. We have plenty of other players I'd drop before dieng and played in the right position which yeah I think playing there in front of the back four at home and away could work, if you have two energetic attacking minded midfielders alongside of him in winchester and jones could work

Football Management Games

Everyone's an expert now!!!*

(Me included, still play on them even though i should know better!)

Going back to Championship manager 01/02 (still the best ever football management game) I took Rushden & Diamonds from Division 2 to win the Champions League and Premiership twice...If only Latics had a striker like To Madeira, who I bought for next to nothing and went on to score over 300 goals for me in a dozen seasons. Having got the best out of him I sold him for £15 million.

Edited by BP1960

2-1 down and he put another midfielder on for the only centre-forward we've got. That was absolutely ridiculous. LJ is far too cautious and negative.

On the flip side, JCH did absolutely nothing all game, nor has done for 3 games.

Really hope he can get his head sorted and in the game tomorrow night.

2-1 down and he put another midfielder on for the only centre-forward we've got. That was absolutely ridiculous. LJ is far too cautious and negative.

i was wondering when someone would say this. Philliskirk was pushed upfront from midfield when Noble came on. Just because he brings a striker off for a midfielder, doesn't mean we lose anyone in a striker position....

But yeah, absolutely ridiculous.

He received the ball at feet, more so first half and help get an attack going, that's what you need, dieng wasn't to blame for any of their three goals, one was a ball way over his head where the defense were nowhere to be seen, the second was a striker cutting in from their left played the ball across to the right and a pathetic effort from our left back and goalkeeper and the third he wasn't on the pitch. We have plenty of other players I'd drop before dieng and played in the right position which yeah I think playing there in front of the back four at home and away could work, if you have two energetic attacking minded midfielders alongside of him in winchester and jones could work

I disagree...I have nothing against Dieng, I haven't seen enough of him to have formed an opinion yet however, he was pretty ineffective on Saturday, if you were to re-watch the game you would see too often he looked like a spare part either in a centre half or centre midfielders way.

I disagree...I have nothing against Dieng, I haven't seen enough of him to have formed an opinion yet however, he was pretty ineffective on Saturday, if you were to re-watch the game you would see too often he looked like a spare part either in a centre half or centre midfielders way.

Dieng is the type of player that you will notice if you take him out of the team, neat and tidy, retains possession, even if the ball is knocked wide to the left back or the right back. I get what LJ is trying to do with the formation, being a coach myself I get it and it isn't meant to be defensive but the players aren't understanding it, I would go back to four four two but with a tweek in positions. You could have played the exact same players in a 442 like this:

Rachubka

brown

dieng

wilson

elekobi

winchester

kelly

jones

mills

forte

JCH

Not the personnel I would play but it could be done. I like dieng as a player off what I've seen but like I said you'll see it more when he's taken out of the side and yes I do understand why people see it as defensive at home