Big game tomorrow

Think tomorrow could be a good indicator of where we are, similar side to us I'd say.

I'd say they're better than us; were last season and look it again?

I think they've added well, and finished higher than us last year with what they already had.

They finished 9th last time, and on the face of it, have only lost Daniel Jones and Doug Loft from their main players last time; but have added (from a quick look)

michael brown

Michael o'connor

Steve jennings

Ryan mcgiven

Mark marshall

Freddy veseli

Byron moore

They look better prepared than us, their squad looks filled and their start has been better than ours.

Its definately a gauge tomorrow; but again, I think the Colchester game was more of an indicator against a side we can realistically say are on par with us for attendenace, club size & budget.

Unfortunately, as sad as it seems; I'd put Port Vale ahead of us right now.

But i do agree, will be interesting to see how the defence cope with Ben Williamson & Tom Pope, and how we fair against their midfield and defence...

Edited by slystallone

Dictionary definition of a three pointer this. Massive game, must win. If we don't get all three points from this we've had it. If that clown Johnson hasn't spent the last 2 days on the training pitch gelling his new signings into an effective playing unit ready to get all three points from this vital August fixture then we might as well fold the club now.

Big game? We're three games in after tomorrow night. If we lose, we lose and get on with it, hardly relegated. Would do wonders for confidence should we get a positive result I agree but by no means is this a 'massive game'

The fact it would do wonders for confidence means that it is a big game...

Gordon keeps saying in his interviews that we are only two games in and there's nothing to worry about. Tommy Wright says nothing is won or lost in August. Both statements are wrong because it's a lot harder trying to catch up than having the points in the bag early. Only two games yes, but lose tomorrow and it's probably 1 point from 5 games, and confidence already looks fragile.

Its no way a must win, but in the context of fragile minds, and possible cliff edge drops in confidence others have alluded to, it will be important.

But so is every next game.

I am sure LJ won't be saying must win, but he will be trying to gee the players up for the win.

It was always going to be a tough ask for all the new players to gel. But it does need to sooner rather than later!

We had all this doom and gloom business last season based on the last ten results of the seasons. I think the minimum on here amongst the losers was 1 win and the maximum 2 with virtually all the other results being defeats.

I wouldn't like to be on a life boat with you lot or a 'backs to the wall' situation - like a fight with a paper bag.

3 games in, 2 against notably superior squads and we are doomed, again. Pathetic!

The fact it would do wonders for confidence means that it is a big game.

To be honest a 0-0 draw would do wonders for confidence, just to get Saturdays result out of the way, if we lose we get on with it, a bad start of 3/4 games without a win doesn't mean you're doomed, we'll get it right but when is the question

To be honest a 0-0 draw would do wonders for confidence, just to get Saturdays result out of the way, if we lose we get on with it, a bad start of 3/4 games without a win doesn't mean you're doomed, we'll get it right but when is the question

That's not saying I want to go and watch a 0-0 draw

What would we prefer:

Play boring defensive football and endure a relegation battle

or

Play attacking attractive football and endure a relegation batter

Bit of a no brainer so why doesnt LJ let the shackles off and let us go for it? We're in for a long hard season near the bottom either way (IMO).......

What would we prefer:

or

Bit of a no brainer so why doesnt LJ let the shackles off and let us go for it? We're in for a long hard season near the bottom either way (IMO).......

Games....

Into....

The....

Season....

:censored: me.

What would we prefer:

or

I can't stomach another relegation batter - it gives me heartburn.