Misleading article by oldham

I have emailed them either way there is definitely a handful that will take this as gospel and we want as many over as possible.

Sly marketing trick to put one more coach on?

Probably not as they are saying that they are being informed by Northern Rail, and according to them...

"... the line between Chorley and the junction with the West Coast mainline at Euxton will be closed between Saturday 19 July and Sunday 31 August 2014 inclusive. The closure will allow Network Rail engineers..."

http://www.northernrail.org/news/7466

which pretty much infers to me... no trains all the way.

To be fair and I am only using the mobile page but the article is titled "NO TRAINS RUNNING TO PRESTON" and you know there's people out there that wont bother to open the article

See my post above....the article appears to be pretty much spot on for the information being provided by Northern Rail. I would say that if it is wrong, it doesn't appear to be the club's fault.

For anyone using the National Rail planner, they probably should check and make absolutely sure on the journey being planned!

See my post above....the article appears to be pretty much spot on for the information being provided by Northern Rail. I would say that if it is wrong, it doesn't appear to be the club's fault.

For anyone using the National Rail planner, they probably should check and make absolutely sure on the journey being planned!

The club have stated that there are NO trains running when, in fact, there are. People are obviously going to trust the club with this kind of thing... Edited by Ryan

The club have stated that there are NO trains running when, in fact, there are. People are obviously going to trust the club with this kind of thing...

The Northern Rail article clearly states that the Line will be closed. It's safe to infer from that that there will be no trains going through that closure. Whether that info is correct or not or whether an alternative route can be traced, is not really the Club's fault or responsibility and, as stated above, none of this absolves readers from using their own brains to check travel arrangements. No-one but a complete fool is going to read the headline alone and make their decisions based solely on that; the article itself clearly states that alternative modes of transport are available even if trains are not.

Probably not as they are saying that they are being informed by Northern Rail, and according to them...

"... the line between Chorley and the junction with the West Coast mainline at Euxton will be closed between Saturday 19 July and Sunday 31 August 2014 inclusive. The closure will allow Network Rail engineers..."

http://www.northernrail.org/news/7466

which pretty much infers to me... no trains all the way.

The article also says 'If you are travelling between Manchester and Preston direct trains are available via Wigan', though granted, I don't think it is the most straightforward thing to read.

I noticed the earlier thread regarding Trains and was expecting a detour, but after checking yesterday, I found that direct trains are going round Chorley via Wigan Wallgate. This is backed up on Trainline.com which states that the trains are direct and by train (not bus).

Edited by jimsleftfoot

The article also says 'If you are travelling between Manchester and Preston direct trains are available via Wigan',

Where?

Travel Advice for Oldham fans travelling to Preston (23/08/14)
Northern Rail is advising all Oldham fans planning on travelling to Preston on Saturday, August 23 that there will be no trains between Bolton and Preston due to planned engineering works.

The line between Chorley and the junction with the West Coast mainline at Euxton will be closed until Sunday, August 31, 2014.

Fans should find alternative means of transport and use spectator coaches where possible.

For more information click here and here.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140819-preston-railway-line-1838892.aspx#FJdZ4VOhwV7sKP0w.99