Preston away

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on todays game, is that we should have got something from it, only poor finishing by JCH cost us. I don't get some of the boo boys, we were playing a pretty physical team today ( quite a bit after the ball had gone).

We conceded a sloppy goal by poor marking from the free kick, they didn't really threaten us too much and in the 2nd half any chances they made only came from our mistakes. Kelly looked far better 2nd half when he pressed forward and was the better of our central midfield pair. I actually think things will click for us quite soon so no need to press the panic button just yet.

My take on todays game, is that we should have got something from it, only poor finishing by JCH cost us. I don't get some of the boo boys, we were playing a pretty physical team today ( quite a bit after the ball had gone).

We conceded a sloppy goal by poor marking from the free kick, they didn't really threaten us too much and in the 2nd half any chances they made only came from our mistakes. Kelly looked far better 2nd half when he pressed forward and was the better of our central midfield pair. I actually think things will click for us quite soon so no need to press the panic button just yet.

Wake up! we didn't have a clue going forward and LJ takes off the only player who looked like creating anything in Winchester. They didn't threaten us in the 2nd half coz they were site as well. 5 shots on target from both sides in 90 mins is poor. I didn't boo but I definitely didn't clap the players off either!

We certainly deserved a point for our second half performance alone. Preston didn't sit back, they were pushed back. The total lack of a decent header of the ball in our forward line cost us the game. JCH and Forte missed farcically with clear cut, close in headers. We may not be able to afford a class striker but I am sure a 6ft-2in bulldozer, journeyman who can head the bloody ball could be found as a stopgap. The lack of interplay between our inside front men is striking to me. We seem to be just short a magic ingredient. Let's see if anything happens this week.

I think the regrettable frustration shown by a minority of our fans was due to the sideways and backwards stuff that did not seem the best option at times. We did however retain the ball quite well and worked the ball down the flanks quite efficiently at times. But some things never seem to change - we have no-one nimble in the box and no natural header of the ball.

Surely it is only a matter of time before our real weakness is suitably addressed. Once again our subs were, by and large, ineffective.

Because after the goal they were content to soak up the pressure from our devastating forwards....that's the easiest 1v0 win they'll have all season the game was effectively over after 5 minutes and we wouldn't have scored in a brothel!!

In the last third we we're clueless and unless we can sign an experienced target man and a playmaker I fear it will be another long hard season... We have changed the personnel again but the end product is exactly the same.