Players who are alright

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not a cat in hells chance we will go down this season.

Would you be willing to bet your house on that?

We look lacking in talent AND fight.

Our midfield looks the worst I've ever seen it in my time of watching Latics.

We're playing a system which involves only 1 striker, who quite simply isn't good enough. Sure, he's a big lad who looks like he could be a tank, but not once this season have I seen him use his body.

Finally, we have a keeper that, while seeming a nice enough chap, can't seem to save a shot.

So we have a lone striker that can't score, an utterly useless midfield and a keeper that can't make a save.

And there's "not a cat in hells chance" of us going down?

A striker who isn't getting the service yet and a keeper who is being exposed by a defence that hasn't yet become a unit.

JCH has had one clear chance that he should have scored but due to a defender doing what he is paid to do it didn't go in. Chubs hasn't had anywhere near the protection a defence should give him, he should be the last line of defence not the one and only thing between the opposition having the ball in their half and scoring a goal.

We've played against two sides (Boro & Orient) that are better than us and probability says would beat us 9 times out of 10 and two sides (Colchester & Vale) that are probably 50/50 with us and we've got two points. I'd have liked more but there is no need to reach for the rope in August.

A striker who isn't getting the service yet and a keeper who is being exposed by a defence that hasn't yet become a unit.

JCH has had one clear chance that he should have scored but due to a defender doing what he is paid to do it didn't go in. Chubs hasn't had anywhere near the protection a defence should give him, he should be the last line of defence not the one and only thing between the opposition having the ball in their half and scoring a goal.

We've played against two sides (Boro & Orient) that are better than us and probability says would beat us 9 times out of 10 and two sides (Colchester & Vale) that are probably 50/50 with us and we've got two points. I'd have liked more but there is no need to reach for the rope in August.

This is true BT, but how many teams would you say we are better than and would epxect a win.

Not that many.

This is true BT, but how many teams would you say we are better than and would epxect a win.

Not that many.

That's why we go to the games, anything can happen and why I haven't won the pools. No matter how much you think you know about football once the game kicks off it makes mugs out of all of us.

I've got hope, faith and blind optimism that between the owner, manager, staff, players and fans we will drag ourselves to around 14th in the league by the end.

Don't get this Rachubka hate. He's not the best keeper in the division but he's solid and anyone who says he should have saved the Port Vale goal on Tuesday needs their head checking.

It isn't Rachubka hate.

The stats say it all and the fact is, as pointed out by Mike Leyland on LP, every shot on target this season has gone in. A keeper is there to make saves plain and simple.

It isn't Rachubka hate.

The stats say it all and the fact is, as pointed out by Mike Leyland on LP, every shot on target this season has gone in. A keeper is there to make saves plain and simple.

Except that "fact" isn't true.

It isn't Rachubka hate.

Did he not make some good saves which kept the scores level on Tuesday then?

That's why we go to the games, anything can happen and why I haven't won the pools. No matter how much you think you know about football once the game kicks off it makes mugs out of all of us.

I've got hope, faith and blind optimism that between the owner, manager, staff, players and fans we will drag ourselves to around 14th in the league by the end.

IMO beag, we'll get nowhere near 14th this season. I know we eventually climbed to 15th last season; but we're far weaker this time around.

I've said all along that i think we'll do well to get 20th. I stand by it too.

Little cheeky bet with you, nothing flash or anything - i dont think we'll get to 14th, you do. If we do indeed reach 14th; i'll give £10 to Playershare. If we avoid the drop but finish 20th; i'll leave it to you of you want to put a tenner Playershare's way too? Those exact positions, 14th & 20th...

I said hope! Hope!!! We'll get 14th. I hope we will win the Champions League this season, I know we won't (can't) but doesn't stop the hope. We finished 15th last year and all I ask is that we finish higher than the season before.

I said "..around 14th.." so that is anywhere between 10th and 20th :) but I'll take your bet, I can bump my playershare subs up for one month.

To be honest, as long as we finish above Dale, my brother in law's team I don't mind. Got a steak dinner for us and our wives on that. If memory serves I've won two and lost one of those, whoever loses cooks. Now I don't really mind losing that as I'm a better cook than he is but it is the principle of the thing.

I said hope! Hope!!! We'll get 14th. I hope we will win the Champions League this season, I know we won't (can't) but doesn't stop the hope. We finished 15th last year and all I ask is that we finish higher than the season before.

I said "..around 14th.." so that is anywhere between 10th and 20th :) but I'll take your bet, I can bump my playershare subs up for one month.

To be honest, as long as we finish above Dale, my brother in law's team I don't mind. Got a steak dinner for us and our wives on that. If memory serves I've won two and lost one of those, whoever loses cooks. Now I don't really mind losing that as I'm a better cook than he is but it is the principle of the thing.

Steaks? I'd check that if he's from Rochdale, eyes ears and arseholes, don't trust those inbreds.

Ha! Brill. £10 to playershare then if (un)lucky number 14 or 20 end up happening*

* from you - coz i'm right on this one. We're crap and we'll finish 20th ;-) !!!

As far as i can recall he made one save from the free kick. people were saying it was a good save, but truth is if he had been beaten on his near post from a free kick we would have slated him.

His positioning was at fault to have to make the save which wasn't especially difficult anyway. This was problem when everyone was calling for a keeper change last year, he is a below average keeper imo, not terrible but below the average standard of the league

• 1 month later...

IMO beag, we'll get nowhere near 14th this season. I know we eventually climbed to 15th last season; but we're far weaker this time around.

I've said all along that i think we'll do well to get 20th. I stand by it too.

Little cheeky bet with you, nothing flash or anything - i dont think we'll get to 14th, you do. If we do indeed reach 14th; i'll give £10 to Playershare. If we avoid the drop but finish 20th; i'll leave it to you of you want to put a tenner Playershare's way too? Those exact positions, 14th & 20th...

Nonchalantly whistling along, I'm just-a-nonchalantly whistling along......

Nonchalantly whistling along, I'm just-a-nonchalantly whistling along......

Ha!

It's a marathon, not a sprint - league positions get decided in May last time I checked.....!!

Boding well so far for you though from the looks of it mind....

Edited by slystallone