Kelly and Elokobi?

How are they doing, both have played for City, and down here our fans seem to live Elokobi, who snapped his ankle in two, 40 minutes into his debut.

Anyway Korey Smith is an absaloute rock at defensive mid, doesn't lose out in a tackle, got motm in his second and third games.

That makes me feel much better.

Thanks

Only seen the one game but off that you guys got far and away the better of the deal. Bar one Hollywood ball I didn't think much of Kelly, lots of 5 yard and side ways passes. Not strong enough and work rate wasn't great

George looks ok. Strong doesn't really dominate in the air though

Kelly hasn't played well so far, rarely looks to take the ball forward and offers little. Hopefully it's just due to lack of football over the last year and he'll improve the more games he plays.

Elokobi has done alright, looks more suited to LB rather than CB though.

Kelly not been great. Poor first touch at times and not looked strong enough. Some Latics fans not happy with him.

Elekobi has not been great. Been involved in a defence that conceded 7 in 3 games. Some Latics fans seem to think that's OK.

Early days for both. Potentially good signings for us.

I rated Smith very highly and he will be a great signing for you. Some Latics fans wanted rid and may already be missing him.

Not sure why people advocate George at LB. He doesn't look the most mobile to me, and his passing so far has been pretty awful. Nothing to suggest he'll be bombing up the line and getting crosses in.

Ditto.

He looks a CB to me. An out of form / out of match sharpness one at that, but a CB more than a LB.

Kelly just looks pap at the moment. But i'm hoping he'll improve as he gets more fitness, match sharpness and this shoddy start is just a result of lacking in both of those. If its not that, then he's actually just pap...

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say/read any posts on here that said they wanted Korey Smith to leave the club.

But there were quite a few suggesting we wouldn't miss him when he left, as tends to happen everytime we let one of our best players go, which is obviously complete bollocks.

But there were quite a few suggesting we wouldn't miss him when he left, as tends to happen everytime we let one of our best players go, which is obviously complete bollocks.

....we weren't going to miss Wesolowski either; well yeah, that was bollocks wasnt it?

Feck me, Wes & Smith are being badly missed right now; and will be for the rest of the season.

• 3 weeks later...