U21 Premier League: Liverpool v Man United

Channel 429.

Somebody to give JCH a kick up the rear hopefully.

Well I have only been watching 25 minutes, but I suspect LJ is watching Liverpool left winger Kristoffer Peterson, uses both feet which is bonus.

Edited by BP1960

Its on BT Sport 2 on 414

And its :censored:e so far, 25 mins in...

No score half time. A fair summing up Sly.

As LJ is looking for a winger and a striker, so far only the Liverpool left winger Peterson looks a possibility, at 6' 1" he should be able to handle the physicality of Division One.

Midfielder Pearson of United appears to be a good footballer, but is playing far too deep (surely LJ won't sign another holding midfielder on loan).

Edited by BP1960

Peterson moved into a striking roll now, looks dangerous.

I'd sign him on loan for the season.

Poor game. But he was the standout i agree. I was disappointed with a lot of the play: it just shows its a huge step-up to the "real" game, and how the likes of Ellis Plummer can play week in, week out in Premier League U21 sides and struggle so much when put into League football.

But that Peterson had a bit about him. His final decision making / final ball needs developing on, but he's pacey, tricky and looks a decent athlete...

Poor game. But he was the standout i agree. I was disappointed with a lot of the play: it just shows its a huge step-up to the "real" game, and how the likes of Ellis Plummer can play week in, week out in Premier League U21 sides and struggle so much when put into League football.

But that Peterson had a bit about him. His final decision making / final ball needs developing on, but he's pacey, tricky and looks a decent athlete...

I also liked the right wing back Ryan McLaughlin of Liverpool, I think he showed a great attitude,.quick, tough and competitive, he could play at least Championship level now, but we don't need another right back (do we?).

Edited by BP1960

Rubbish! How many managers would buy a player off one viewing in TV?

I'm glad you are not involved in Latics recruitment if that's what you think.

Off that one game you have only mentioned a few strengths that you saw? Any weakness in his game? How consistent a performer is he? Was the camera on him for 90 mins?

Rubbish! How many managers would buy a player off one viewing in TV?

I'm glad you are not involved in Latics recruitment if that's what you think.

Off that one game you have only mentioned a few strengths that you saw? Any weakness in his game? How consistent a performer is he? Was the camera on him for 90 mins?

When did I suggest we buy him? I said on loan for the season.

Having been in the game I back my judgement. He is far better than what we have got.

Edited by BP1960

And I stand by the fact that you don't bring in a player long term after seeing them once on Sky bought or long term loan.Ive watched the game for 30 years and believe I know enough to know that any manager wouldn't give you the time of day if you suggested such a thing.

90 minutes football on TV tells you nothing. Especially if he can cope at our level over a full season.

Edited by palmer1

And stand by the fact that you don't bring in a player long term after seeing them once on Sky and I've watched the game for 30 years and believe I know enough to know that any manager wouldn't give you the time of day if you suggested such a thing?

90 minutes football on TV tells you nothing. Especially whether he is better than what we have and if he can cope at our level

Didn't LJ sign Schmelz on video evidence ?

Come back later in the season when you will find my judgement correct.

Who said they are? Are you!?

I said no manager would buy a player based off 90mins football viewed on sky.

Who would buy a player for a whole season after one U21 game?

Im not saying the lad won't be a success. He must be a talent to be at the club he is at and I've not even seen him play on Sky but you cannot base Oldham signing the lad off one viewing can you??? Of course you can't but you won't admit that that because you worked 'in' the game for 30 years.

Who said they are? Are you!?

I said no manager would buy a player based off 90mins football viewed on sky.

Who would buy a player for a whole season after one U21 game?

Im not saying the lad won't be a success. He must be a talent to be at the club he is at and I've not even seen him play on Sky but you cannot base Oldham signing the lad off one viewing can you??? Of course you can't but you won't admit that that because you worked 'in' the game for 30 years.

Why are you so angry...

Why are you so angry...

I don't know why he is Lee. I have made judgements in the past on 20 minutes of quality, never mind one game.

I did not say the lad was perfect, but will stick to my opinion about Latics not having a player of his ability, and he will be able to handle (unlike Plummer) Division One.

Edited by BP1960