Oldham Nil

Sick of this, we're so poor all over. Our squad is one of the worst x4 in the league at present and if he keeps playing the lads out of position it won't improve. He doesn't seem to have any decent contacts for signings, just crap midfielders.

Before anyone starts moaning about being negative, what can you base any positivity on? There is nothing positive to go on. It's a boring style of play with no stand out leader or creative player. If we're going to struggle, at least please, play the style of football you started with last season.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is we're not scoring enough goals to win matches, not that we're not scoring, as palmer1 pointed out. We got away with it when we weren't conceding last season, but the defence is leaky and the attack is impotent now.

We defended ourselves into enough time to recruit a new striker in the summer, and went on to sign a man with a 1 goal per 25 games record who was subsequently released 3 league matches into the season. How was LJ blind to such a blatantly obvious deficiency?

Edited by NewBlue

Winchester has been subbed in every game. There have been reports that he can't last a full 90 for years, playing three game sin 7 days is beyond him at the minute so it isn't surprising he is being subbed.

He's a full time professional, not a part timer who has to work for a living and play as well.

No matter what his ability (and he has undoubted ability) he should be able to last 90 minutes.

What if he can't? Should LJ make him play in his pants and vest as punishment until he can?

I've got staff that are good in some areas and abysmal in others, I could just shout at them to get better or take a more methodical, structured approach involving training, coaching and encouragement. I find this does have much better results.

He's a full time professional, not a part timer who has to work for a living and play as well.

No matter what his ability (and he has undoubted ability) he should be able to last 90 minutes.

You're right. We should probably release him then.

Winchester has been subbed in every game. There have been reports that he can't last a full 90 for years, playing three game sin 7 days is beyond him at the minute so it isn't surprising he is being subbed.

It's a garbage LJ report ref him not lasting 90mins, He said it last year.

Winchester can complete 90mins, clueless why he subs him.

You're right. We should probably release him then.

He very nearly was - and could still well be if he doesn't provide over 90 minutes what the manager want's.

Don't be surprised if he's left out at Doncaster for that reason.

Edited by BP1960

If Winchester cannot last the 90, the club need to get him some medical help. Wasnt it Warhurst who was blowing after half a game at City and that was one of the reasons they got rid ? Warhurst got put onto some different asthma treatment if I remember correctly and the rest is history !

Can I ask how you would scout this issue with Winchester in these many 20 minute judgements you have made over the years?

Sorry couldn't resit ;)

Winchester or Peterson in a 20 minute snap cameo?, only one winner - Peterson.

In fact I will tell you now if LJ does sign Peterson on loan (and LJ was at the match) it will be Winchester he leaves out.

Winchester and Philliskirk we're running the show yet again he makes subs when we're on top and kills all momentum

We are LJs guinea pig experment and even I am surprised how quickly it has unravelled it's been :censored:ing :censored: for months but we hide behind a 10 match unbeaten run that was mostly draws anyway with very few goals. The team is devoid of leadership, belief and a will to win. The buck stops with LJ.

Preston were absolute :censored:e, jittery at the back and offered little going forward yet still won without breaking sweat....

Do you agree we need that goal poacher prozac?..only the manager seems happy to let things carry on as they are

I'll get laughed at but I've seen enough in Mellor and Winchester to believe that both could play in CM for us with a holding player to back then up then I would have used the bulk of the budget on two goalscorers.

As it stands we need a journeyman striker with lower league nowse as JCH is well off it at the moment. Instead LJ signed many Former team mates and has us playing catch up already. He's already stating he has little budget left but he's the one that has signed poor players. Wilson wasn't needed either with Connor and Kasunga both able to play right back

Do you agree we need that goal poacher prozac?..only the manager seems happy to let things carry on as they are

Finally! The answer to all our problems has been staring us in the face all this time! Why doesn't Corney put his hand in his pocket and splash the cash on someone who can score goals?

We should be building a team round Winchester simple as

I'm get the impression Winchester is slotted into the team in any vacant position, to build the team around him Kelly or Jones would have to be left out and although most fans would agree one of them has to go (including me) we know LJ won't do that.