Oldham Nil

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get laughed at but I've seen enough in Mellor and Winchester to believe that both could play in CM for us with a holding player to back then up then I would have used the bulk of the budget on two goalscorers.

As it stands we need a journeyman striker with lower league nowse as JCH is well off it at the moment. Instead LJ signed many Former team mates and has us playing catch up already. He's already stating he has little budget left but he's the one that has signed poor players. Wilson wasn't needed either with Connor and Kasunga both able to play right back

But can we afford Brett Williams ?

I'll get laughed at but I've seen enough in Mellor and Winchester to believe that both could play in CM for us with a holding player to back then up then I would have used the bulk of the budget on two goalscorers.

As it stands we need a journeyman striker with lower league nowse as JCH is well off it at the moment. Instead LJ signed many Former team mates and has us playing catch up already. He's already stating he has little budget left but he's the one that has signed poor players. Wilson wasn't needed either with Connor and Kasunga both able to play right back

We had a lower league journeyman with nouse last season (McDonald), and that didn't work out really. Massive point there about him bemoaning his budget but, when he has delved into the market, (on the whole), his signings have been poor. There is no reason for David Noble to be on the books and, from what I've seen, we've a contender for our worst ever captain in Kelly...

We had a lower league journeyman with nouse last season (McDonald), and that didn't work out really. Massive point there about him bemoaning his budget but, when he has delved into the market, (on the whole), his signings have been poor. There is no reason for David Noble to be on the books and, from what I've seen, we've a contender for our worst ever captain in Kelly...

I think McDonalds problem Lee was injuries, we never really saw him fully fit.

LJ seems to have signed many players who need a lot of time to recover from injuries, Division One isn't the place to do that.

I know you aren't a big Connor Brown fan, but what did he do to deserve being dropped today for a player who was supposedly 50/50 with a groin problem only a few days ago.?

As for Kelly, you are right, there appears little inspiration from him, stand up George you have got the captains job.

Edited by BP1960

Think Winchester (along with Forte) has been our best player (by some distance) so far this season and that's out of position. Today I don't think he was great to be honest but when he caused problems he was picking it up in space in the centre of midfield and actually running at the opposition. He HAS to be put in Centre midfield - none of this on the wing :censored:e, he's not a winger.

The team run round like headless chickens 40-50 yards from goal doing 5 yard passes. 2 family members came today for their first match - they couldn't put it better when they asked "why is there so much hesitation?". We get the ball, look up, see nothing, either pass it 5 yards to the side or 10 yards back to Elekobi/Wilson - rinse and repeat. The players need to realise at times it's okay to run forward with the ball. It doesn't need to be pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass (still in defence at this point) then hoof to JCH. It's like we :censored: it when we have the ball

Edited by aaronoafc

I think McDonalds problem Lee was injuries, we never really saw him fully fit.

LJ seems to have signed many players who need a lot of time to recover from injuries, Division One isn't the place to do that.

I know you aren't a big Connor Brown fan, but what did he do to deserve being dropped today for a player who was supposedly 50/50 with a groin problem only a few days ago.?

I couldn't tell you. Perhaps he feels he has to play him because he's one of his big summer signings?

The problem is we're not scoring enough goals to win matches, not that we're not scoring, as palmer1 pointed out. We got away with it when we weren't conceding last season, but the defence is leaky and the attack is impotent now.

We defended ourselves into enough time to recruit a new striker in the summer, and went on to sign a man with a 1 goal per 25 games record who was subsequently released 3 league matches into the season. How was LJ blind to such a blatantly obvious deficiency?

I agree, we are creating chances, just not putting them away but LJ has enough sense about him not to be blind about the issue. Its alright saying we need a new striker but availability, on our budget especially, is the problem. What free agent strikers, better than we already have, are still out there who will play for a grand a week?

I agree, we are creating chances, just not putting them away but LJ has enough sense about him not to be blind about the issue. Its alright saying we need a new striker but availability, on our budget especially, is the problem. What free agent strikers, better than we already have, are still out there who will play for a grand a week?

He will sign a young loanee.

Ironically, Devante Cole on loan from Manchester City who he probably had a chance of signing scored for Barnsley today on his debut.

Edited by BP1960

I haven't been this season but it really makes for grim reading when people write that Carl Winchester is our best player. Are we really that :censored:?

So by your own admission you actually haven'e seen him this season... He's been very good. The fact the rest of the team are :censored: is not his fault

We need to sign a striker this week otherwise when we play Donny the 2 short arsed would be football philosophers can compare notes on how they can talk the talk all day but can't walk the walk.

Or I suggest LJ :censored:s off and takes all his mates with him.

Making Kelly our captain is a joke and he needs to drop him for the next game.

No other team in this division would keep playing him after those inept performances week in week out let alone make him the captain.

We all make mistakes but its a bigger mistake to not admit you :censored:ed up and do something about it!

Do you agree we need that goal poacher prozac?..only the manager seems happy to let things carry on as they are

The fact we're short of a goalscorer was bloody obvious well before the season started. That Johnson hasn't addressed that fact doesn't reflect at all well on him. If he doesn't have the budget to bring anyone in, he's mismanaged his budget.