usual negativity on here. the club has again signed basically a new team and we've just been to a team who will likely be top 4 and have a steady team. if people think we are going to produce slick displays against the top teams then they need a massive reality check. we are obv going to be bottom half as we have next to no striking options and clearly no money to buy anyone that will improve us so its going to be tough against the better teams

the team def needs to be given 10/12 games to find form and come together. even kelly who has been total tripe but has a decent pedigree and people have paid money for him so he must have something needs time. we should be judging them when we are at home against the teams we are fighting it out with in bottom half like gillingham/crewe/colchester ect and not orient/middlesbrough/preston

That's all fine, think as a set of fans we're a reasonably realistic bunch, but lack of money shouldn't mean lack of desire and fight, a willingness to have the ball, to run yourself ragged - got a manager who seems to have lost his way and only Forte and Winchester looking to do anything positive on the pitch.

There will always be negativity until people wake up to the reality of the situation we are in. I found it baffling the amount of people posting about being top half pre season based on a few half decent friendly results.

Since Shez left we have not invested in the squad and and year on year we replace like for like. By that I mean some good players, some average players and some bad players. Whenever we lose good players lots of people talk about how we won't miss them but I feel this where our expectations are really wrong.

A team challenging at the top will not lose and replace it's best players. It will keep them and add to them. We are just treading water and it is no surprise we always finish in roughly the same position.

Yes on an individual level we might not miss the likes ok Korey Smith, Tarkowski etc but football is a team game and collectively our squad has not become stronger over the last few years.

We can give it time, but we will need a lot of luck to be challenging in the top half without more investment.

I would say most people are baffled rather than negative.

The constant subbing of Winchester ( he can play a full 90 ).

Making a blatantly unfit Kelly captain when he's hardly played any football for 12 months.

The persistence with changing formations and trying to play a lone striker.

The failure to address the striking problem prior to the season kicking off ( Willie Gros was another vanity experiment by LJ ).

Personally I think a re-run of last season is on the cards.