• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long is Turners contract? Paying a fee & a wage to see him play elsewhere isn't great.

Lets hope JCH scores a hat-trick today then we can all pipe down. That's hope, not belief!

WTAF, we signed Turner as one for the future, who could perhaps provide that little bit of je ne sais quoi currently if needed. Did you say the same about Taylor and Stephens? Both of whom went on loan from us, returned better for the experience and proved to be very useful players at this level (and above).

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough. Charlie Mac didn't work out maybe because he was far from his family and having a few injuries didn't help. But he did miss a few good chances too so I'm not convinced he had 20 goals in him.

I definitely agree about Rooney, his record suggested he should have done much better. Not sure what happened there really and maybe if we'd stuck with him he'd be benefitting now. But the consensus at the time seemed to be that it was good news we got rid of him. Until he started scoring for Aberdeen then it was a terrible decision!

Fair enough. Charlie Mac didn't work out maybe because he was far from his family and having a few injuries didn't help. But he did miss a few good chances too so I'm not convinced he had 20 goals in him.

D

I definitely agree about Rooney, his record suggested he should have done much better. Not sure what happened there really and maybe if we'd stuck with him he'd be benefitting now. But the consensus at the time seemed to be that it was good news we got rid of him. Until he started scoring for Aberdeen then it was a terrible decision!

Agree about Rooney. But after 5 in 2 games, He's scored 1 in6 once the League started

I wonder if this lad impressed LJ in the LSC tie the other day ?

At 6'3" he maybe what's needed on loan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_Wilkinson

10 points to you, BP.

Wilkinson signs on one-month youth loan.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140912-conor-wilkinson-signs-1909677.aspx

10 points to you, BP.

Wilkinson signs on one-month youth loan.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140912-conor-wilkinson-signs-1909677.aspx

Thanks, next up look for a left winger from non league, even if not signed by the Latics I think he will make the league grade.

I can't reveal his name as the club are following up on my tip.

Thanks, next up look for a left winger from non league, even if not signed by the Latics I think he will make the league grade.

I can't reveal his name as the club are following up on my tip.

Good for you bp

Seems like the club are listening , that's a positive, then gaining their opinion

I can't reveal his name as the club are folloywing up on my tip.

did you used to be a scout Bp ? Sure I've heard you say you was before , who's the most famous player you have recommended ? Who's gone from nothing to something

did you used to be a scout Bp ? Sure I've heard you say you was before , who's the most famous player you have recommended ? Who's gone from nothing to something

Probably Chris Waddle. I like an exciting winger thats may be why I see some potential in this lad (he scored with a brilliant strike yesterday).