Playing Budget

I dont think we will really know but looking at the start of last season we had Lanzoni, Baxter, Tarky, Rooney, Shmeltz, Montano, Macdonald, Smith, Wes and Grounds on the books all on I would say reasonable money for what we have brought in this season we must have a reduced budget my point is do you think this new stand is going to break us and are we trying to get through the season on the cheap ? If so the stand may be the thing what kills us, was looking at the teams who went down last season and other than Shrewsbury who have thrown good money around the rest are struggling at 15th 18th and 20th. Im hoping Corney isnt thinking he can get us through this season on the cheap, I like the manager but feel like his hands are tied, im not saying we should be paying big money for players but every man and his dog can see we are a bit light, for me Corney needs to step up and give the manager the backing he needs not £400 a week players like Willie Gros.

Tarky won't have been on much, shmeltz, montano and MacDonald I would imagine were pretty average earners within the first team squad. The budget has been slightly reduced but not cripplingly. I don't think the budget has been user that wisely. Whilst it's difficult to pick out any one player so early and say they are a bad signing, I think we've signed to many midfielders. We obviously had to replace wes and korey but we also needed attacking threat. This was clearly the issue towards the back end of the season. We were solid but a bit toothless, and it appears we are again only now we're conceding goals which we just can't afford.

I am starting to wonder where this sports direct money is going/has gone.

Corney stated that it would take us from the bottom, to competing with the bigger clubs in our division.

We've lost a lot of the "bigger" earners at the club and Johnson says that we need to ship out in order to bring a striker in.

Either the sports direct money hasn't made its way to the playing budget or Johnsons massively overpaying the new signings.

I am starting to wonder where this sports direct money is going/has gone.

Corney stated that it would take us from the bottom, to competing with the bigger clubs in our division.

We've lost a lot of the "bigger" earners at the club and Johnson says that we need to ship out in order to bring a striker in.

Either the sports direct money hasn't made its way to the playing budget or Johnsons massively overpaying the new signings.

Even if the Sports Direct money made its way to the playing budget it's only circa 4k a week, that's the equivalent of two average league one players.

The problem to me is johnson wastes his budget. small example but here are the center mids at the start of the season

deing

kelly

jones

philliskirk

mellor

winchester

and then for some reason we bring noble in

now mellor cant make the bench ahead of a clearly unfit nobel

either mellor should never have been given a contract or we didn't need noble. opinions to the answer to that will differ on here but either way its a waste of a wage

The problem to me is johnson wastes his budget. small example but here are the center mids at the start of the season

deing

kelly

jones

philliskirk

mellor

winchester

and then for some reason we bring noble in

now mellor cant make the bench ahead of a clearly unfit nobel

either mellor should never have been given a contract or we didn't need noble. opinions to the answer to that will differ on here but either way its a waste of a wage

It was said that Winchester would be out on loan. He's made himself first choice. We can fire Noble off any time we want and making Mellor the one to go out on loan could balance the numbers.

Is that really wasting the budget?

Edited by opinions4u

heres the thing though dont sign noble get one or our players out on loan we still have 5 players who can plan in the two places. that to me still seems bloated considering we are short on cash so yes wasted money for me.

I was just using that as an example if you look at the amount of totally unnecessary contracts we gave out last year

dunfield

belzekia

byron

kissock

etc etc

we also appear to be overloaded with centre backs this year to me

I was just using that as an example if you look at the amount of totally unnecessary contracts we gave out last year

dunfield

belzekia

byron

kissock

etc etc

we also appear to be overloaded with centre backs this year to me

You could persuade me if you carry on!

We're stupidly overloaded with midfielders; central ones at that.

I think we can all see that; can't we?

True, and how many of them can we count on to score more than a handful of goals this season, never mind create any?

when are the fans at this club going to accept that we are lower league one club playing in front of lower league two gates and have to budget accordingly and dont you just love the time for corney to dip in his pocket and back the manager quotes yes that would be realy sensible to return us to the chriss moore era paying contracts we cant afford to service we could emulate that other north west team the did that Stockport county remind me what league there in again

when are the fans at this club going to accept that we are lower league one club playing in front of lower league two gates and have to budget accordingly and dont you just love the time for corney to dip in his pocket and back the manager quotes yes that would be realy sensible to return us to the chriss moore era paying contracts we cant afford to service we could emulate that other north west team the did that Stockport county remind me what league there in again

We're not a League 2 club though. Attendances have halved in space of 5 or 6 years, and that remark was Corney's excuse for the chronic lack of investment that has driven away fans, that was originally a competitive League 1 crowd, over that time period. 18 years in the same league is irrefutable evidence that a club is proportional to its league.

I'm not concerned about wages, lots of clubs have over achieved in this league with small budgets, I'm more concerned about the fact that the last few managers are producing teams that are playing a style of football that will never attract fans back, which would increase the budget. Although the argument could be extended to if we were relegated and got Conference crowds would you then be happy to budget accordingly?

Edited by NewBlue

Our squad is lop sided.

We have a plethora of midfielders and a lack of strikers.

Another thread says we are after Paddy Kenny. Which would be abit of a coup. I just hope it's not at the expense of signing forwards we need another winger and a striker, I think one will be a PL loan.

We've had a tough start orient and Preston will be top 6 could even be the top 2, Doncaster next week won't be easy but it's obvious our forward line needs an injection of new blood.

Over to you Lee.

I'm fairly sure at the start of the season we was told by SC that LJ will be working on a reduced playing budget

Hopefully the revenue from the new stand will kick start changes at Latics, bigger budget, bigger crowds and hopefully we will become a better club on the pitch and financially aswell

I'm fairly sure at the start of the season we was told by SC that LJ will be working on a reduced playing budget

Hopefully the revenue from the new stand will kick start changes at Latics, bigger budget, bigger crowds and hopefully we will become a better club on the pitch and financially aswell

Will that be from L2?

LJ has signed strikers contrary to popular belief, he's just not playing them as strikers. Philliskirk and Forte being played in midfield. Morgan-Smith comes on and plays in midfield. He's played the incompetent JCH most of last season and is still sticking by him this season. JCH needs to go out on loan and get experience elsewhere. LJ has signed players in the hope that one of them will score goals in Morgan-Smith and Turner, Bove is another who may be the answer, but we already know JCH isn't.

Will that be from L2?

LJ has signed strikers contrary to popular belief, he's just not playing them as strikers. Philliskirk and Forte being played in midfield. Morgan-Smith comes on and plays in midfield. He's played the incompetent JCH most of last season and is still sticking by him this season. JCH needs to go out on loan and get experience elsewhere. LJ has signed players in the hope that one of them will score goals in Morgan-Smith and Turner, Bove is another who may be the answer, but we already know JCH isn't.

I'd like to see abit more of Bove he was banging um in left right and centre in the ressys last year