FAO Barry. Next LJ Meeting With the Fans

Rather have a manager who thought the fans were spawn of the devil as long as he masterminded 3 points more often than this salesman we have in charge.

Does he has a powerpoint presentation for coping with relegation?

Salesman went 10 unbeaten at the business end of last season. Salesman probably does think certain fans are the spawn of the devil. He just doesn't say so in public. How long can any manager survive if he says what he really thinks about his detractors in the stands?

Get the sense the goodwill towards him is starting to drain away, more than a few boos and bars of 'You don't know what you're doing' on Saturday (judging by his filthy look over he wasn't impressed), then coming out after the game and saying we dominated, I was amazed by that.

And, Bank Holiday weekend or not, taking less than 900 away to Preston on a Saturday is a poor do.

Edited by deyres42

Of the 3 league games I've seen there wasn't too much wrong with the football or the commitment in the 1st half v Orient, second half v Port Vale and second half v Preston. So a 90 minute performance should be achievable PDQ.

Standout incidents of those 3 games, IMO, are: Orient scored 3 goals from 3 chances in the half they bossed, we scored 1 from 3 or 4 chances in our dominant half. Port Vale was also a game of two half's and both sides missed reasonable chances. Preston scored from an unlucky ricochet off Elokobi's heal. Our second half display was our best of the season but our finishing was worse than woeful.

This dismal finishing must surely have a debilitating effect on the team. And once again it doesn't look as though there are too many goals going to come from midfield.

The graduate is surely learning that text book is not real life - I don't have him down as stupid.

For the moment I am happy to assume he is onto it.

If he's going to get stroppy because fans are getting frustrated about the same old :censored: then he really needs to get a grip. He should understand this isn't about the first four games but about the last 20 largely very boring years. Different team, new players but the same old crap. Perhaps he'd prefer it if the remaining 3,500 joined the other 3,000 and just stopped going.

Paying supporters are entitled to voice their opinions. Going on twatter and trying to sugar coat things won't work. Neither will pulling his face or coming out with deluded bollocks. He might not be stupid but at times he needs to grow up.

If he's going to get stroppy because fans are getting frustrated about the same old :censored: then he really needs to get a grip. He should understand this isn't about the first four games but about the last 20 largely very boring years. Different team, new players but the same old crap. Perhaps he'd prefer it if the remaining 3,500 joined the other 3,000 and just stopped going.

Paying supporters are entitled to voice their opinions. Going on twatter and trying to sugar coat things won't work. Neither will pulling his face or coming out with deluded bollocks. He might not be stupid but at times he needs to grow up.

The last twenty years is nothing to do with Lee Johnson, it is the here and now that is his issue.

Also, who is to say he is getting stroppy with fans, word of mouth or vague references to dirty looks? Until he comes out in an interview and says it then this argument will hold no water.

I think you'll find we were all at Edgbaston.

This. I would have exploded if Fred had won that for us.

Of the 3 league games I've seen there wasn't too much wrong with the football or the commitment in the 1st half v Orient, second half v Port Vale and second half v Preston. So a 90 minute performance should be achievable PDQ.

Standout incidents of those 3 games, IMO, are: Orient scored 3 goals from 3 chances in the half they bossed, we scored 1 from 3 or 4 chances in our dominant half. Port Vale was also a game of two half's and both sides missed reasonable chances. Preston scored from an unlucky ricochet off Elokobi's heal. Our second half display was our best of the season but our finishing was worse than woeful.

This dismal finishing must surely have a debilitating effect on the team. And once again it doesn't look as though there are too many goals going to come from midfield.

The graduate is surely learning that text book is not real life - I don't have him down as stupid.

For the moment I am happy to assume he is onto it.

Yep, that's a very fair point.

All the theory in the world can't prepare you for what happens day to day.

I think he was knocked by a few things last season - Montano's thing, something (that isn't likely to ever come out) clearly went on with Sidney behind the scenes, Tarky's protracted move and then reverse of the loan agreement......all will have shown him it's far harder to actually manage a club than the courses, badges and books tell you it is.

I hope he's learned from it. I was banking on he would have done...

Is it really possible to spot a dirty look from 150 yards away in the stand?

LJ turned round and had a right pop at one of our supporters for making his feelings known, that was in the second half of the Leyton Orient game. the supporter was sat in the mainstand paddock. Johnson either watches a different game to everyone else or just hasn't got a clue. I read a quote from him just the other night in the newspaper whinging about fans having a pop at players. He actually said Liam Kelly has been getting some stick, unjustly in his opinion. If he truly thinks Liam Kelly has put in one performance that has been anything resembling a captains performance or even a performance of somebody we have paid a decent fee for he needs to give his a head an almighty shake. What worrys me most about LJ is that he doesn't actually see any of the problems that exist. He just spouts some more bollocks after the match and expects everybody to go home happy we have been beaten at home without putting up so much as a fight. Take a look at yourself Lee and admit YOU have got it wrong.

LJ turned round and had a right pop at one of our supporters for making his feelings known, that was in the second half of the Leyton Orient game. the supporter was sat in the mainstand paddock. Johnson either watches a different game to everyone else or just hasn't got a clue. I read a quote from him just the other night in the newspaper whinging about fans having a pop at players. He actually said Liam Kelly has been getting some stick, unjustly in his opinion. If he truly thinks Liam Kelly has put in one performance that has been anything resembling a captains performance or even a performance of somebody we have paid a decent fee for he needs to give his a head an almighty shake. What worrys me most about LJ is that he doesn't actually see any of the problems that exist. He just spouts some more bollocks after the match and expects everybody to go home happy we have been beaten at home without putting up so much as a fight. Take a look at yourself Lee and admit YOU have got it wrong.

Just wondering why this post got down voted, just for future reference really. Everthing stated is a fact witnesed first hand so what is wrong with the post?

Just wondering why this post got down voted, just for future reference really. Everthing stated is a fact witnesed first hand so what is wrong with the post?

Downboats mean f*** all really, say what you think, if I like what you are saying you get the upboat.

I saw him having a pop during the orient game and it annoyed me. What the detractor was saying was fair and Johnson just told them to "shut up", like we should all just sit there and not have an opinion when we're losing at home.

With you all the way on Liam Kelly by the way. Can't see how we've justified paying a fee for this lad on his performances so far - I can't see him as starter, never mind captain.