Will Hoskins

Not really. Who has he been scoring for since 2011?

Had one good season at our level I think but scored most of his goals a good while ago in league 2 Bristol Rovers and Roverum?

The only time I've ever heard of him in 3/4 years is on here every season. Anybody seen him play recently?

Might well be a good reason he is in league 2 again with Oxford

He spent pre-season with Barnsley. Danny Wilson had a good old look at him, a long look as he spent a number of weeks with them and played in several games for them.

They haven't signed him.

They'll be a very good reason for that: and i'd put money on it being they think whilst he's still got his decent finishing; he cant / wont last the riggors of L1 football due to his previous serious injuries.

No.

I'd much rather have Jonson Clarke Harris. Jordan Bove and Rhys Turner.

Remember when everyone thought Izale McCleod was finished because he ended up at Barnet? Or how about Grant Holt ending up at League 2, Shrewsbury?

Wouldn't surprise me if Hoskins bangs them in League Two and moves for another fee.

Remember when everyone thought Izale McCleod was finished because he ended up at Barnet? Or how about Grant Holt ending up at League 2, Shrewsbury?

Izale McLeod hadn't had the injuries.

Ability - I'd take him, injuries, I'd pass.

Izale McLeod hadn't had the injuries.

Ability - I'd take him, injuries, I'd pass.

People seemed happy enough when we splurged a three year contract on Liam Kelly, even though he's barely played since a cruciate ligament injury.

I reckon we're going to need to take a punt on someone like Hoskins, if we're going to find ourselves a goalscorer.

People seemed happy enough when we splurged a three year contract on Liam Kelly, even though he's barely played since a cruciate ligament injury.

I reckon we're going to need to take a punt on someone like Hoskins, if we're going to find ourselves a goalscorer.

I cant say I was thrilled by it to be honest.

Maybe you are are right, I just don't thunk we can risk that wages wise

The best natural finisher we have on the books is Rhys. It's bad luck that he got injured so soon along with captain stopper Lockwood. So let's hope they are both fit ASAP (Rhys is supposed to back in training this week) and we can get Rhys on the pitch. We are creating chances but lack someone with the nous to put it in the net.

Either that or ask him to show JCH how to head a ball and how to shoot straight!

Pinning our hopes on an 18 year old (think Turners' 18 isnt he?) - who has very minimal game time in the professional game; and only 8 goals in the semi-pro game is a huge, huge stretch.

I mean, from the cameo sub appearances he played at the back end of last year, other than some pace, he hardly showed anything to me that would suggest he's a natural goalscorer who will turn it around for us.

That said, we wont know unless he plays for us will we, and i'd rather Turner played than another similar aged unproven striker; who in all likelyhood will soon be arriving on loan...

The best natural finisher we have on the books is Rhys. It's bad luck that he got injured so soon along with captain stopper Lockwood. So let's hope they are both fit ASAP (Rhys is supposed to back in training this week) and we can get Rhys on the pitch. We are creating chances but lack someone with the nous to put it in the net.

Either that or ask him to show JCH how to head a ball and how to shoot straight!

Glad your back in training this week Rhys