Doncaster

Is it all ticket? The fishal suggests it is but I cannot work out if tickets are available from their Portakabin on the day as they usually are. Assume the reference to reducing queues mean it isn't all ticket but in that case I'm not sure why they're saying it is.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140822-doncaster-tickets-1859098.aspx

Paul Rachubka

Brian Wilson - Genseric Kusunga - James Wilson - Joseph Mills

Carl Winchester - Mike Jones - Liam Kelly - James Dayton

Danny Philliskirk - Jonathan Forte

JCH dropped to the bench, hopefully as a kick up the arse to him. Kusunga in for Elekobi. I liked Dayton in pre-season so would like him starting as we need an ounce of creativity in there.

We're gonna win, too.

Has anyone got any experience of the away ticket booths there? ie how long the queues can be before kick off?

Grew up in Doncaster (lucky me) so will be going with some Rovers supporting mates. I know there's not much around the ground when it comes to boozers so I'd rather stay at a decent pub in town for as long as possible. Then again, I don't want to miss the first 10 mins queuing for my ticket. Phone/online pre match purchase not doable so will have to buy on the day.

Went to the last away game we played there, night time game and got beat one nil.

There is a decent brewers fare across from the ground and then it's just a two min walk to the ground.

There wasn't a q last time I went and got a ticket from the away end, in saying that we only had about 200 there that night.

Why are the club again misleading fans before a game, plenty of trains to Preston and pay on the day at Donny, granted you have to queue twice but they could relay information clearer and without the risk of some fans not travelling.

Supporters can buy tickets from Doncaster but are recommended to buy in advance to avoid queuing on the day.

What's misleading about that?

Cheers for the info Fergie, but I think I'll give the Brewers Fayre a miss and stick to the decent pubs in town that I know and take a risk on the queue.

Supporters can buy tickets from Doncaster but are recommended to buy in advance to avoid queuing on the day.

Cheers for the info Fergie, but I think I'll give the Brewers Fayre a miss and stick to the decent pubs in town that I know and take a risk on the queue.

Any recommendations? Not entirely sure I'm looking forward to the game itself, but the booze-up should be good.

Any recommendations? Not entirely sure I'm looking forward to the game itself, but the booze-up should be good.

There are hundreds of pubs in town but the Tut'n'Shive just outside the Frenchgate centre (about 5 min walk from the station) is always a winner for me. 20 years ago it was brilliant - small, smokey and full of other 17/18 year olds playing a jukebox rammed with early 90s indie.

Now it's full of people in their late 30s playing a jukebox rammed with early 90s indie so still gets my vote.

If your bag is dancing to one direction and having a fight then I recommend Silver Street after the game. Hang around long enough and you'll feel like you're in Kavos with promo girls handing out free shot vouchers to entice you in to the million (empty) bars. Went in one of these last time I was back and saw a bloke and girl having a full on rap/dance battle to Let's Get Ready to Rumble. Stunning.

The Castle near the market used to be good for real ale drinkers but last time I was in there they were advertising bottles of wine for £3 so I guess that's not quite the same place it used to be.

It's a classy town!

Headline of 'All ticket for Doncaster Rovers' could be considered as mis-leading the same as the travel distruption headline for Preston which also wasnt needed.

Team:

Paul Rachubka

Brian Wilson - Timothee Dieng - James Wilson - George Elokobi

Carl Winchester - Mike Jones - David Noble - James Dayton

Mostly round pegs in round holes, exception is Winchester but we cannot leave our form player out.

Team:

Paul Rachubka

Mostly round pegs in round holes, exception is Winchester but we cannot leave our form player out.

Apart from the last 15 minutes

Headline of 'All ticket for Doncaster Rovers' could be considered as mis-leading the same as the travel distruption headline for Preston which also wasnt needed.

You want to start reading the full articles and not just the headlines then don't you

Team:

Paul Rachubka

I forgot to add team captain for the day - Winchester

This wasnt on the original article. It didnt mention anything about being able to purchase tickets from Doncaster, this comment was added later.

I'd go with a 442 formation:

Rachubka

Wilson Dieng Wilson Elekobi

Winchester Kelly Jones Dayton

JCH Forte

I'd probably leave Mills out due to his start of the season. Starting to see little (only little) glimpses of a good player in Kelly but judge him after 10 games. I'd give Dayton a chance, looked decent in pre season (means nothing) and when he has come on. I would persevere with JCH for a couple of more games and see if he can score and get confidence back

Doncaster much like the Latics play at home on the counter attack, it has all the makings of a chess game, but which manager will finish as the Grand Master?

I think we'll come up Short on Saturday unfortunately.

I'd go with a 442 formation:

Rachubka

Wilson Dieng Wilson Elekobi

Winchester Kelly Jones Dayton

JCH Forte

I'd probably leave Mills out due to his start of the season. Starting to see little (only little) glimpses of a good player in Kelly but judge him after 10 games. I'd give Dayton a chance, looked decent in pre season (means nothing) and when he has come on. I would persevere with JCH for a couple of more games and see if he can score and get confidence back

Bit contradictory dropping Mills but keeping Kelly and Clarke-Harris in.

Bit contradictory dropping Mills but keeping Kelly and Clarke-Harris in.

It is slightly but like I said I can see glimpses with kelly, only slight ones and with JCH I would play him as other options don't look good enough to me, like bove, saying that if you wanted to chuck him now is the time

Mills on the other hand I believe we have a stronger and more solid back four with the one I have given. All about opinions. I don't think Mills is that bad but his form at the start of this season hasn't filled me with much confidence either defensively or attacking wise