New Goalkeeper - Alex Cisak?

No thanks. He wanted out last time and wasn't too chuffed about being recalled from Portsmouth. Then there was the rather odd attempt, if I remember correctly, to sue a surgeon because an operation went wrong and it meant that he was saving shots almost one handed.

He's 3rd choice at Burnley because Heaton and Gilks are far, far better keepers. They may well send him out on loan somewhere, but not to Latics, thank you.

Third choice at a Premier League club. I suspect there are plenty of third choices at clubs like Burnley who would constitute an improvement on our current squad.

Perhaps, but my point is he was average and is still average. Burnley are a big club in terms of resources/squad. He hasn't really progressed.

Even if we were interested in bringing him back I doubt he would come- Johnson binned him off in rather acrimonious circumstances and I don't think he was well-liked in the dressing room too.

He has the quality but does have the odd bad game. It's a bit of a moot point anyway as I can't see us getting someone in on loan just yet especially as there will still be the odd decent free-agent knocking about.

Perhaps, but my point is he was average and is still average. Burnley are a big club in terms of resources/squad. He hasn't really progressed.

To be honest, talk of Cisak coming back here is pointless as I don't think he enjoyed his time at BP and I very much doubt he'd consider coming back even on loan. However, I would disagree with your opinion that he's average.

I'm a goalkeeper and was at Blackburn when I was younger so I try and defend keepers every which way. I weren't overly keen on Cisak however, we have had a lot worse granted but we've had better too. If it was down to me I wouldn't, would rather have Rachubka (despite not great form at the moment) and that also ties in with what happened between him and the club before leaving

• 1 month later...