Phew: Very Much Needed 3 Points

Cracking away win.

Don't care how they go in, 2 goals and a clean sheet = a very good result.

Well done to the lads and to LJ.

Hopefully this is the game where it all kicks on from; its nice to get the monkey off the back and get the first 3 points of the season.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god for the win just to shut up some of the moany , whingy , whinney moan moan moaners on here.

we have lost by one goal at PNE . we got well beat by bookies favourites Orient ( see all of their results this season )

we have drawn a few and now thrashed Donkey .

that will probably be our season , draw some , lose some and win some .

nobody likes to lose but some so called supporters need to man up and be realistic .we are not world beaters yet but give us chance

NOW COME ON MY MIGHTY BLUES

Fantastic game. Not enjoyed a win as much as that since the Peterborough comeback. Dominant from start to finish. Winchester a star in the second half. Elokobi's best game to date. Everything slotted together today.

Musn't forget the support either, in fine voice and high spirits all afternoon.

Edited by boysinblue

Good result against a poor Donny side, never saw Furman as a just behind the striker player, but that is where Dickov played him. 1st half we couldhave conceded a couple of times when they got in behind our back four down the LHS, but 2nd half we totally outplayed them.

I didn't think it was a penalty but sometimes you don't get nailed on ones. But after that we could have had 3 or 4. How Forte didn't score when he rounded the keeper only he will know, but the ball to him from JCH was pure class. Stand out for me today were George (I think im gonna love this man), both Wilsons and mom. Winchester, he oozes class on the ball, you have certainly stepped up to the plate young man.

Didn't see what happened right at the end, but 04U seemed to be pointing his finger quite eloquently at a particular steward.

Edited by disjointed

Good result against a poor Donny side, never saw Furman as a just behind the striker player, but that is where Dickov played him. 1st half we couldhave conceded a couple of times when they got in behind our back four down the LHS, but 2nd half we totally outplayed them.

I didn't think it was a penalty but sometimes you don't get nailed on ones. But after that we could have had 3 or 4. How Forte didn't score when he rounded the keeper only he will know, but the ball to him from JCH was pure class. Stand out for me today were George (I think im gonna love this man), both Wilsons and mom. Winchester, he oozes class on the ball, you have certainly stepped up to the plate young man.

How did Kelly do today?Any better than what he's shown so far?

Rachubka - nearly fave away a penalty when he went walkabout at 1-0. It wasn't but he went after something he left well alone.

B Wilson - decent performance.

Elokobi - superb defensively, awful distribution.

J Wilson - class act.

Mills - :censored:. This can't be the same lad we had last season. Lacked defensive instinct today and still passing to a player in the crowd.

Kelly - hit a couple of stray ones and missed a sitter from Philliskirk's corner, but I thought he stepped up.

Jones - really strong today.

Winchester - glides beautifully across the turf. A real creative force.

Philliskirk - another hard working display. Drew the needless foul for the penalty. Missed a sitter.

Forte - direct. Wabara knows he's bean in a battle and lost.

JCH - got the goal. Played a sublime pass to Forte that should gave gad us 3-0 up and his back heel from the corner flag set up another great chance. Still a frustrating so and so but chuffed he scores every time I've lost faith in him.

Furman - I've never seen him play in such an advanced role. Did little.

Dickov - his triple substitution was genius and Latics were in complete control from that moment onwards.

The fans were more or less respectful to Dickov and gave Furman some stick. Fairly noisy for a disappointing 681.

Brilliant performance. Thought Philliskirk was outstanding, and was Kelly's best performance so far, delighted he's going in the right direction. Could have had 4 or 5 and it wouldn't have flattered us. Dickov's triple substitution absolutely ruined any momentum they had, and the swagger we had in the final 30 minutes was brilliant!

I'm in two minds over Philliskirk's booking for throwing the ball in the air. There's no doubt it was a time wasting act but it probably wasted less than two seconds. I've seen far more blatant acts such as running off with the ball and then throwing it half way back to where it needs to get go unpunished over the years.

Really odd decision by the ref, even though he was technically right.

Hopefully Forte is okay for next week.

Just got back from Doncaster first half we didn't have the lions share of possession but we did what needed to do and we did it well, got lucky with the early goal and defended well, second half we played very on the break and deserved the the two nil lead from there on out we was playing without fear and played some great football could of easily walked away 4/5 - 0 up

Great game from all the lads, JCH looking miles better and glad he got on the score sheet but stand outs for me

Forte

Winchester

Elokobi

B.Wilson

If I'm not mistaken, that's Lee Johnson's biggest ever away win as a manager.

Not sure but I'm sure there was a stat towards the end of last season that we hadn't even led 2-0 at any point in 2013/14.

Edited by jsslatic

Not being sexist here, but how did other people think the female linesperson performed. I thought she was a little unsure in her decision making. But we have definitely had worse.

I thought she was pretty good at her job.

I did notice she didn't flag for the penalty, but the referee did give it straight away. I thought it was a pen btw.