Phew: Very Much Needed 3 Points

Not being sexist here, but how did other people think the female linesperson performed. I thought she was a little unsure in her decision making. But we have definitely had worse.

I actually thought she was OK, it could have been her first game at our level so that was why she was nervous.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought she was pretty good at her job.

I did notice she didn't flag for the penalty, but the referee did give it straight away. I thought it was a pen btw.

That was a decision for the ref to make she was a lot further away than he was and the side-on angle wouldn't have helped her make the decision.

First, well done to LJ, for sticking with the confidence he had in this squad while under pressure. And deciding not to fiddle about with subs while things were going well. I think this was Winchesters first full game (I'll call it his best at 97mins) and I don't think we would have seen that sub in the last minute of normal time if Forte had not took a knock.

In a nutshell the team produced, for 70min+, the same level of dominance they showed against Leyton Orient first half and PNE second half. Our ball retention in the 7mins added-on was exceptional with Winchester playing a major roll.

On its own this game is a relief and doesn't mean too much, it has to be consolidated with 3 good results in the next five games.

Our vocal support today was superb, again, and apart from the first 15-20mins of the second half, was constant.

I think that is well done everybody - keep it up.

2-0 away at Preston JPT, and 3-1 Bradford last year

I'm not on good form with this one, am I? Bradford was 3-2.

What was Mansfield in the fa cup last year?

5-1 I think.

I think I'll stick to my first ever away league win at Donny stat!

And Johnson's biggest away league win.

Edited by opinions4u

I'm not on good firm with this one, am I? I was at both of those!

5-1 I think.

I think I'll stick to my first ever away league win at Donny stat!

easy to forget, that 2-0 preston was a shocker of a game bar the first 10 mins!

It was my first game of the season so I'd be interested to know from regulars how the players performed in comparison to other games so far?

Of the ones that seemed to be the main talking points this season, here is my take:

Liam Kelly - very tidy game. Broke up Doncaster possession a fair bit and looked to get attacks started. Covered a lot of the pitch. Was quite impressed overall.

Elokobi - dominated all day. They didn't get a look in and he was one of the main reasons. There have been a few questions about how suited for centre back he is but I had no doubts after that. Looked to be trying to guide everyone else too.

JCH - did some excellent things, but also some poor things. The back heel that led to the Winchester chance was brilliant. I'd like to see him take a step back so he can attack the ball when heading. A lot of the time he just seems to do a token jump rather than actually contest it properly. He's too young to do the full season up top by himself without it doing him damage. Linked with Philliskirk well at times, could work better with more time together.

Winchester - forgot he was on the pitch until just before half time. Thought he was fairly quiet for a lot of the game but really came into it in the last 30/40 minutes. From then on he was brilliant - all over the pitch, involved in just about every attack, taking players on and looking to drive us forward. He looks a real prospect on that form so should be playing every game and sitting down to sign a new contract!

As for the others, James Wilson was immense, Brian Wilson was tidy and efficient, same for Jones, Mills. Philliskirk looked good when higher up the pitch and Forte is just a constant threat with the right support.

A very good performance, but helped massively by the early goal which must have been perfect for the Johnson game plan. The worry is how we react to going behind.