Dominic Poleon Signs from Leeds United

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds supporting mate says inconsistent, often used as an impact sub and asked to play wide.

Pacey, and definitely more effective through the middle.

They've got a hefty sell on clause.

Sounds like a better striker than JCH.

Same from a Leeds fan I know, quick and strong, needs a run of games - which he never got at Leeds.

We've signed one young rough-around-the-edges player to replace another. I can see the sense in that but my concern is that we've come away from deadline day without an out-and-out striker likely to get double figures.

It's a reasonable concern. I'm a little more hopeful now I realise others at Leeds see him as a striker who's been played wide, as opposed to a wide player when we need a striker.

Back into hope mode for now after approaching <despair> on my Laticsometer.

I assume LJ has done well to get his hands on any of the JCH money which is no doubt earmarked for the North Stand. I don't mind taking players and improving them and then selling on at a profit BUT I would like to see all the money used to strengthen the squad. Yesterday has taken us a step backwards unless there is an intention to take a striker on loan. Presumably Poleon will play and squander chances as otherwise how can he be improved for the inevitable sale next summer.

I assume LJ has done well to get his hands on any of the JCH money which is no doubt earmarked for the North Stand. I don't mind taking players and improving them and then selling on at a profit BUT I would like to see all the money used to strengthen the squad. Yesterday has taken us a step backwards unless there is an intention to take a striker on loan. Presumably Poleon will play and squander chances as otherwise how can he be improved for the inevitable sale next summer.

I'm not sure its a step backwards. Surley we can't decide that until Poleon has played in an Oldham shirt?

JCH has potential but I think we all agree he isn't ready for the championship yet!

Poleon has championship experience so could now be ready for full time league one football.

How many wanted JCH out of the team before Saturday. They now have their wish...

And 25% sell on clause

@PhilHayYEP: #lufc pulled in almost £1m from selling Smith and Poleon at the death. Poleon deal includes a chunky 25% sell-on clause.

They won't get it, we will loan him to Fiorentina in the final year of his contract. :wink:

@PhilHayYEP: #lufc pulled in almost £1m from selling Smith and Poleon at the death. Poleon deal includes a chunky 25% sell-on clause.

That (if the £100k part is true about Poleon) puts Smith back in to the near million pound range... That's crazy!