Dominic Poleon Signs from Leeds United

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds fans are :censored: on what basis exactly? What's makes them :censored:? That they had the largest away following in League One by a country mile? That they probably have a top 5 away following in the championship?

Eardley was underrated by a lot of our fans on here I won't disagree with. Davies had ability we all knew, but he was a bit of a mad head and no one complained that he was replaced by Lee Hughes who banged in 18 that season.

Tierney was never given a chance which is why fans didn't rate him. It's not the fans fault he was released without being given a proper crack of the whip. Remember he moved down a division before moving up.

O'Grady didn't get much of a sniff either, he was fairly rated from what chances he was given. A couple of good appearances but no goals and didn't stand out as marquee player compared to the likes of Hughes, Liddell, Gregan, Taylor and Whitaker in them opening dozen of games.

Like I said, I was just posting quotes. Not arguing against the fact that Poleon might turn out good for us.

Are you a secret Leeds fan?

I watched the Thierry Henry"footballs greatest" show in the week.

He met Wenger who said "you will be my main striker". Henry's response "But I don't score goals, I beat people" - Wenger "well try - I know you can"

Now, I'm not saying Poleon is going to turn into Thierry Henry at all. Latics track record means he has more chance of turning into Lenny Henry, but sometimes a good start, playing regularly and someone believing in you can really make a massive difference.

We all hate Leeds Scum

I was at a Test match at Good Old Trafford back in 2008 when news came through that Leeds had lost in the playoffs. As word went round the whole ground rose as one to sing that. Just near me there were Norwich, West Brom, Everton, Stockport and many others. Great moment.

are we really tearing apart our new striker before he's even kicked a ball ?

Who's tearing him apart?

Plenty, like me, are saying we've essentially gone like for like; in terms of age and the raw attributes that they both have, with some cash in the bank as a result of JCH going for more than we've paid for Dominic Poleon.

And - in an obvious (i would hope) development, it will take time for the side to get used to Poleon and the way he plays; and for Poleon to settle into the way his teammates go about things.

I'm a bit pissed off; as - just as it was looking like it might be starting to come together; another 'start again' moment happens.

He'll need time & games to settle in; and so will the side to get used to him. If he manages to grab a couple of goals or assists whilst he doing that; all the better.

Who's tearing him apart?

Plenty, like me, are saying we've essentially gone like for like; in terms of age and the raw attributes that they both have, with some cash in the bank as a result of JCH going for more than we've paid for Dominic Poleon.

And - in an obvious (i would hope) development, it will take time for the side to get used to Poleon and the way he plays; and for Poleon to settle into the way his teammates go about things.

I'm a bit pissed off; as - just as it was looking like it might be starting to come together; another 'start again' moment happens.

He'll need time & games to settle in; and so will the side to get used to him. If he manages to grab a couple of goals or assists whilst he doing that; all the better.

Looked a handful today despite the negatives that have been writer about him on here

I've already seen enough of him to completely disregard Leeds fans views.

There was nothing wrong with his touch, he also made some decent runs and held the ball up quite well when he had to. Certainly didn't look like a brainless footballers to me.

Promising start for him.

I liked the look of him. In my view he was fast, tricky, left a few defenders for dead with slick turns and had an eye for goal. It may be a long time ago but he reminded me of Steve Taylor or David Shaw. That must have been his first full game for ages and ages.

It's not necessarily you has made them but the copy and paste job from the Leeds board was certainly not complementary of him

...from Leeds fans pal.

Yes, PlayItLivo has re-posted it on here; but he's not written it.

You've said it a couple of times on here now that there's been negativity towards Poleon, and i do t think there has?

...from Leeds fans pal.

Yes, PlayItLivo has re-posted it on here; but he's not written it.

You've said it a couple of times on here now that there's been negativity towards Poleon, and i do t think there has?

I take your point but why not copy and paste any of the good comments ?

Thought he had a very good game today. Always looking to move the ball on, get it forward and looks like he's not scared to have a shot too.

Looks to have a decent football brain in him too. That was always my problem with Clarke-Harris, he looked like he needed a second longer to work out what to do.

If we're comparing and contrasting with JCH, who I liked a lot, I found that Poleon read the game very well, was very quick, dynamic and more aware of where the goal is. More dangerous also, and forward thinking - and seemingly very much more tuned into what his team mates were doing.

and seemingly very much more tuned into what his team mates were doing.

Despite only three/four days at the club and two or three training sessions.

If we can get Forte, Morgan-Smith and Poleon firing at the same time, we'll have the fastest attacking forward line in the league.

Holy :censored:, a latics team with three players that have blistering pace. Kill me now.