If the Porter rumour is true......

If the Porter rumour is true...  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have him back?

also shafted bury with there sell on clause when they were desperate for money

being under 24 if he had moved within England we'd have got compo

moves to derby a year later I think

he knew all this an now it's forgive an forget... fcuk that it's a no from me

Oh yea because shafting oldham athletic was top of his agenda wasn't it...get real... Moving to Scotland gave him the opportunity to get a big signing on fee as the team escaped a transfer fee...I would do exactly the same in his position if I had little loyalty to my employer but knew I could move back to the country within 12 months. Hate the rules of the game if you want to vent at anyone...

People need to realise it wasn't personal it was business get over it...he is exactly what we need and if he is available he would be in my starting 11.

Edited by Blue_Guru

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to realise it wasn't personal it was business get over it...he is exactly what we need and if he is available he would be in my starting 11.

Your right about it not being personal, however I would only want him back here to come off the bench is injury record and scoring record aren't actually that good since he left here. If he came here to start every game by February he'd be fooked.

fair point blue guru

what happened to us and bury at the time was unfair an we both lost out after giving him the platform to showcase his talent.

he then goes on to have a well paid career an now he's on the slide you would have him back picking up his wages again?

that doesn't sit right with me

I'd be a no on this. From a footballing perspective, he only scored 6 in 16 starts and 15 subs last season, and he hasn't completed 90 minutes since the 11th January! Surely there must be a better option out there (Ebanks-Blake)?

Plus, add to it all the baggage from last time, I can't see Corney (or Porter, really) wanting this deal to happen.

Let's not hang around LJ, get the deal done.

If we can get him and he wants to move, get him training with us now so when the window opens its a matter of dotting the lower case Js. If Sheff Utd are happy to let him come here then a week or 2 early won't make a difference.

Edited by palmer1